THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
9/27/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting of September 20, 2006, to be approved.
PRESENTATION BY VETERAN’S SERVICES
Medals Presentation: Medals will be presented to Heighter Purks and Dale Bishop.
PRESENTATION BY ROSEBURG BUREAU OF LAND MANAGMENT
Jay Carlson will provide an information briefing on the establishment of a state-wide Recreation Resource Advisory Committee for both the Forest Service and the BLM.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN & FAMILIES
1. Amendment #1 to the 2005/07 Healthy Start Medicaid Administrative Claiming Intergovernmental Agreement.
1. License Agreement with Tiburon for software for the Sheriff’s records and computer aided Dispatch systems. W.E.S.T. Ambulance desires to purchase 10 additional licenses from Tiburon for their own use. This agreement gives permission for the purchase with all expenses being the responsibility of W.E.S.T.
2. Purchase of upgrade for Petra Vend (fuel and security equipment) for Public Works and Fleet Services. Procurement qualifies as a sole source and is exempt per LCRB 4.5.
1. Order Setting Hearing Date and Notice of a Public Hearing for Annexation of property to the Calapooia Rural Fire District. Chief Petitioner: Brown. There are no known objectors at this time. The hearing date can be set for November 1, 2006.
2. Order Setting Hearing Date and Notice of a Public Hearing for multiple annexations of property to the Douglas County Fire District #2. Chief Petitioners: Gurney and David Randall. There are no known objectors at this time. The hearing date can be set for November 1, 2006.
3. Order Setting Hearing Date and Notice of a Public Hearing for annexation of property to the Roseburg Urban Sanitary District. Chief Petitioner: Langdon. There are no known objectors at this time. The hearing date can be set for November 1, 2006.
1. Order accepting easement from Paul and Joyce Farrar for connection to the Glide-Idleyld Park sewer system.
2. Contract with Pinnacle Engineering, Inc. for Scott Henry Bridge Replacement Construction Engineering Services.
3. Contract with Kinnan Engineering, Inc. for Culvert Repair on Smith River Road No. 48 at Milepost 1.2.
4. First Extension and Amendment of Contract with Diversified Security Group for additional equipment and installation.
1. Homeland Security Grant for communications equipment and emergency planning between fire districts and Douglas County.
2. Agreement with FSH Communications for inmate telephone equipment.
1. Order reappointing the following as members to the Partnership for the Umpqua Rivers Council:
• Russ Lyon, Agriculture and Livestock. Term expires June 30, 2008.
• Dave Russell, Timber/Aggregate/Construction/Mining. Term expires June 30, 2008.
• Carol Whipple, Timber/Aggregate/Construction/Mining. Term expires June 30, 2008.
• Ed Frankenstein, Fishing/Recreation/Conservation. Term expires June 30, 2008.
• Jan Tetreault, Cities/Special Districts/Public Utilities. Term expires June 30, 2008.
• Chuck Schautz, Fishing/Recreation/Conservation. Term to expire June 30, 2009.
• Richard Chasm, Cities/Special Districts/Public Utilities. Term to expire June 30, 2008.
2. Order appointing Richard Baumgartner as a member to the Smith River Watershed Council. Term expires on March 1, 2007.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on October 4, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting