THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
6/28/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting of June 21, 2006, to be approved.
1. RFP #921: Building Department Permit System (I.T.)
2. RFP #922: Planning Department Land Use Action Tracking System (I.T.)
ASSESSMENT AND TAXATION
1. Orders refunding taxes to Fred J. and Diane J. Pietrzak in the amount of $316.04.
1. First Extension of Contract #19887 with Trane Oregon for maintenance of the chillers for the Douglas County Courthouse and Douglas County Library.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Contract renewal with the CASA of Douglas County for Fiscal Year 2006/07. This contract is to administer the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program for Douglas County.
2. Renewal Contract with Family Development Center (Parent Relief Nursery) for Fiscal Year 2006/07.
3. Renewal Contract with Mercy Medical Center for Fiscal Year 2006/07. This contact is to administer the Welcome Baby portion of Healthy Start.
4. Contract renewal with Options Counseling Services of Oregon, Inc. for Fiscal Year 2006/07.
5. Contract renewal with the Sutherlin School District for Fiscal Year 2006/07. This contract is to administer the After School Program in Sutherlin.
6. Contract renewal with Umpqua Community Action Network for Fiscal Year 2006/07. This contract is to administer the WarmLine for Douglas County.
1. Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with the Douglas Education Service District allowing DESD to obtain fuel for DESDís vehicles from the Countyís fuel facilities.
2. Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with the North Douglas Fire and EMS allowing them to obtain fuel for their vehicles from the Countyís fuel facilities.
3. Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Drain allowing them to obtain fuel for the City of Drain vehicles from the Countyís fuel facilities.
4. Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with the Umpqua Regional Council of Governments allowing them to obtain fuel for URCOGís vehicles from the Countyís fuel facilities.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Contract with ADAPT for acute care beds for co-occurring clients for Fiscal Year 06/07.
2. Senior Dining Site lease with Sutherlin Seniors, Inc. for Fiscal Year 06/07.
3. Senior Dining Site lease with Yoncalla Parks and Recreation District for Fiscal Year 06/07.
4. Senior Dining Site lease with Peopleís Depot of Glendale for Fiscal Year 06/07.
5. Senior Dining Site lease with Glide Community Club for Fiscal Year 06/07.
6. Senior Dining Site lease with City of Reedsport for Fiscal Year 06/07.
7. Senior Dining Site lease with City of Riddle for Fiscal Year 06/07.
1. First Extension to an Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Oregonís Department of Corrections to provide technology support services to their Roseburg office.
2. First Extension of Contract with Nexcom, Inc. for Telephone and Data Services.
3. First Extension of Contract with Pacific Northwest Computer Service for Computer and Printer Maintenance Services.
4. First Extension of Contract with Keith Shan for Computer and Printer Services.
1. Agreement for reimbursement from the State of Oregonís Department of Education to Douglas County Juvenile Department for the cost of meals served to youth who are lodged in the Juvenile Detention and Shelter Facility.
2. Acceptance of a 2005 Juvenile Accountability Block Grant Award given to the County for a Juvenile Intake and Adjudication Project. This project will continue to support a Deputy District Attorney to prosecute only juvenile delinquency cases.
1. Mortgages with (1) Rosswood, LLC and with (2) Daniel Newton and Katherine J. Newton. These two mortgages replace loan documents from a 1982 Woodlands Assistance Loan to Newton/Ross/Rogers.
2. Contract for aerial spraying with Western Helicopter Services for spraying on 179.5 acres of County owned land.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Order adjusting appropriations for 2005/06, from General Fund to Dog Control Fund for Dog Control Operations to cover increased costs associated with Public Safety Union settlement reached earlier this year and to cover the increases in vehicle expenses associated with fuel increased cost and indemnity costs.
2. Supplemental Budget adjustments affecting Glide / Idleyld Sewer Fund and Salmon Habitat Improvement Fund.
3. Order adopting the budget, making appropriations, levying taxes and categorizing taxes for the fiscal year 2006/07.
1. Amended Order granting vacation of a portion of right-of-way for South Side Road, County Road No. 120, upon performance or fulfillment of conditions.
2. Order granting vacation of a portion of Scotty Court, County Road No. 4M. Petitioners: Grost, Houghton, Collins and Lone Rock Timber
3. Agreement with Waste Recovery West for removal of waste tires from the Douglas County Landfill.
4. Sales agreement with Ennis Paint, Inc. for the purchase of road striping paint.
1. Contract with USDA Wildlife Services to provide one part-time wildlife specialist to respond to damage situations within Douglas County involving predatory animals that threaten human health and safety, livestock and other property.
2. Third extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with Camas Valley School District for school resource deputy services at Camas Valley High School.
1. Order appointing Peggy Mark as a member of the Douglas County Regional Workforce Investment Board.
NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on June 28, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting