THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
6/21/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting of June 7, 2006, to be approved.
MINUTES of the Board Meeting of June 14, 2006 to be approved.
1. Bid Opening: Cedar Street widening Milepost 0.41 to 0.61 County Road No. 389, Douglas County, Oregon
1. Right-of-way easement with PacifiCorp to allow installation of an antenna on the grandstands.
1. Third Extension of Contract No. 18751 with Evergreen Family Medicine, P.C. dba OccuHealth to perform employment related physicals.
2. Order amending Douglas County Personnel Rule 5 (Compensation Plan).
3. Order amending Douglas County Personnel Rule 7 (Probationary Period).
4. Order amending Douglas County Personnel Rule 10 (Separation in Good Standing).
5. Order amending Douglas County Personnel Rule 13 (Personnel Review Board).
1. Order reappointing Tim Kosderka as a member to the Douglas County Woodlands Advisory Committee.
2. Third Extension of Lease with ADAPT for County owned property located on Court Street in Roseburg to extend the lease through July 31, 2007.
3. Letter renewing the Memorandum of Understanding with Oregon State Department of Forestry for the County’s Woodlands Assistance Forester position. This extends the agreement through June 30, 2007.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Supplemental budget adjustments.
1. Presentation: Parks Department webpage.
1. Order “Setting Hearing Date” and “Notice of a Public Hearing” for annexation of property to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2 (Chief Petitioner: Spitzer). There are no known objectors at this time. The hearing date can be set for July 26, 2006.
1. Contract with Pickets Engineering, LLC to assist with regulatory issues for Reedsport and Roseburg landfills.
2. Agreement with Roseburg Refrigeration for the removal of chloro-fluorocarbons from refrigerated units at the Roseburg and Reedsport Transfer Sites.
3. Preliminary Order approving Vacation of a portion of Myrtle Creek Highway, County Road No. 386 (Main Street) without hearing. Petitioners: Northwest Loan Servicing, Inc.
4. Order Accepting Completion of Contract: Paving of ATV Staging Area at Salmon Harbor Drive County Road No. 251. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met. (LTM, Inc., Coast Division)
5. Order Accepting Completion of Contract: Crushing, hauling and stockpiling mineral aggregates at various locations. The Contract has been completed and all requirements have been met. (Roseburg Paving Company)
1. Order appointing Jay Potter as a member to the Terrace Drive and Upper Terrace Lane Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2008.
2. Order reappointing Bill Leming as a member to the Douglas County Budget Committee. Term to expire June 30, 2009.
3. Order reappointing Bill Leming as a member to the Douglas County Compensation Board. Term to expire June 30, 2009.
4. Order reappointing the following as members to the Elk Creek Watershed Council with terms to expire March 1, 2008:
Ron Galdabini, Pass Creek, Landowner Position 1
Nick Botner, Yoncalla Creek, Landowner Position 5
David Alsup, Main Elk Creek, Landowner Position 7
Harold Burris, Drain, Oregon, City of Drain
5. Order appointing Tom Ursry as a member to the Douglas County Industrial Development Board. Term to expire January 31, 2009.
NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on June 28, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting