THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
5/3/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board meeting of April 26, 2006, to be approved.
1. Proclamation for Home Education Week, April 30th through May 6th of 2006.
2. Proclamation for Foster Care for the month of May 2006.
1. Orders refunding taxes to the following: Clover Creek Limited Partnership, $775.89; Huffman and Wright, $1,884.57; and, Fred Meyer Stores, Inc. 00281 – Roseburg, $6,404.95.
1. Agreement for Communications Services for North Douglas County Fire and EMS for Fiscal Year 2006/2007.
1. Satisfaction of Mortgage: On January 5, 2006, Holley Moulding paid the mortgage on the piece of property in the Sutherlin Industrial Park. This Satisfaction of Mortgage is the official document to reflect that they have paid it.
1. Cooperative Interagency Agreement for child support with the Department of Justice. The County and District Attorney have entered into several interagency agreements since the 1980’s to provide child support enforcement services on cases within the District Attorney’s responsibility.
1. Order amending the delegation of authority of the Fleet Services Director for fuel procurement.
2. Approvals (2) for the purchase of 7,922 gallons of diesel and 2,404 gallons of unleaded gasoline for County card-locks at Myrtle Creek and Roseburg; and, for the purchase of 2,002 gallons of diesel and 9,519 gallons of unleaded gasoline for County card-locks at Drain and Roseburg.
1. Contract for timber sales with C2S Group, LLC. for Douglas County’s Scholfield / Winchester Timber Sale #266. This sale was sold at oral auction on April 13, 2006, with an estimated volume of 1,287,000 board feet.
1. “Order Setting Hearing Date” and “Notice of a Public Hearing” for annexation of property to the Douglas Fire District No. 2. (Chief Petitioner is Hoffman.) There are no known objectors at this time. The hearing date can be set for June 7, 2006.
2. Hearing for Annexation of property and “Order Incorporating Territory” to the Douglas County Fire Protection District #2 by Chief Petitioner: Williams. This petition for annexation of property was presented to the Board of Commissioners on March 29, 2006, where the Commissioners signed the Notice of Public Hearing and Order Setting a Hearing Date. The annexation petition is signed by 100% of the owners of all the land in the territory proposed to be annexed. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the final hearing for annexation of this property to the Douglas County Fire Protection District #2 and the Order Incorporating Territory. No other hearings are necessary.
1. Cooperative improvement agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation for design and construction of the Old Winchester Bridge.
2. Amendment of Contract No. 21468 with Kleinfelder, Inc. for consulting services for Milltown Hill.
3. First Amendment of Agreement for reimbursement of costs for road construction with Norway Development Company.
4. Extended Warranty Agreement with C. F. Malm Engineers in the amount of $10,288 per year for the SCADA system at Galesville Dam.
1. Second Extension of Intergovernmental Contract with the City of Winston for housing inmates in the Correction’s facility.
1. Order to reappoint Tony Lane as a member to the Upper Cleveland Rapids Road District. Term to expire on 12/31/08.
NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on May 10, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a CD is $5.00 per meeting.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting