THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
3/8/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board meeting of March 1, 2006 to be approved.
1. Order refunding taxes to Fred Meyer Stores, Inc. totalling $7,709.31.
1. Real Estate Option and Order to Accept Deed from Joseph E. Glaspie and Sue F. Glaspie for the acquisition of right of way to be used for the widening and realignment of Bilger Creek Road #103. Consideration is $2,000 plus closing costs.
1. Preliminary Order Approving Vacation of a Portion of Right-of-Way for South Side County Road No. 120 Without Hearing. Petitioners – John E. and Karrie D. (Vaale) Zimmerman; Darwin L. and Cathy Jo Yarbrough.
1. Grant application for ATV funds from Oregon Parks and Recreation Department to fund four vault toilets to be located in the Douglas County Sand Camp facility. The grant request will be for $120,000 for vault toilets. (This agenda item has been removed)
2. Statutory Bargain and Sale Deed with State of Oregon.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Appointment of Vicki Boler to the Special Transportation Advisory Committee. Term to expire June 30, 2006.
2. Appointment of members to the Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council as follows: Position 10: Denise Freiths, Position 11: Anita Allen, Position 12: Robert Flaherty. Terms to expire June 30, 2007.
3. Contract for provision of transportation services to senior and person with disabilities with Mercy Medical Center, Inc. Contract amount $24,066.90.
4. Contract for provision of transportation services to senior and person with disabilities with Sunrise Enterprises of Roseburg, Inc. Contract amount $18,000.
5. Contract for provision of transportation services to senior and person with disabilities with Volunteer Foundation of Douglas County. Contract amount is $12,641. (This agenda item has been removed.)
1. Amended Order for Annexation of property to the Riddle Rural Fire Protection District. (Chief Petitioner: DAWSON).
2. Order affirming the decision of the Planning Commissioner in the BTL Properties Quasi-Judicial amendment to the Douglas County Comprehensive Plan.
3. Order affirming the decision of the Planning Commission in the Ron & Anita Veik Quasi-Judicial amendment to the Douglas County Comprehensive Plan.
1. Resolution authorizing submission of an application for re-designation of the Lower Umpqua Enterprise Zone. Douglas County, the City of Reedsport and the Port of Umpqua are seeking a re-designation of the Lower Umpqua Enterprise Zone. The application adds the Port of Umpqua as a zone sponsor in accordance with new statutory provisions. There are no other changes to the zone. This zone has been an important job-creating tool for the area and was used by American Bridge Co.
2. Appointment of Eldon Holland to the Regional Investment Board. Term to expire December 31, 2007.
NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on March 15, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting