THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
2/15/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board meeting of February 8, 2006 to be approved.
PROCLAMATION declaring February 17–19, 2006, as Sportsmen and Outdoor Recreation Days.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Order approving Ambulance Service Area rate change procedures proposed by Winston-Dillard Fire District.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Order for 2005/2006 Budget Adjustments in the matter of transferring appropriations within General Fund, Public Safety Fund, County Fair Board Fund, and Capital Projects Fund.
1. Orders in the matter of appointments of Javier Goirigolzarri to the Callahan Planning Advisory Committee; Vikki Howard to the Cow Creek Planning Advisory Committee; Dennis Wheeler to the Roseburg Green Planning Advisory Committee; and Ross Bennett to the North Umpqua Planning Advisory Committee with recommendation for appointment for the Douglas County Committee for Citizen Involvement. All terms to expire on February 15, 2009.
2. Order setting hearing date and notice of a public hearing for annexation of property to the Douglas County Fire Protection District #2. Petitions have signatures of 100% of the property owners of the single parcel of land proposed to be annexed. There are no known objectors at this time. The hearing date can be set for March 22, 2006.
3. Order in the matter of the appointment of Larry Hall as a member to the Committee for Citizen Involvement as a North Umpqua Planning Advisory Committee Representative; Jerry Cuff to the Committee for Citizen Involvement as a Cow Creek Planning Advisory Committee Representative; and Roger Drescher to the Committee for Citizen Involvement as an Elk Creek Planning Advisory Committee Representative. Terms to expire February 15, 2009.
1. Order in the matter of appointment of John M. Hughes as a member to the Hospital Facility Authority of Douglas County. Term to expire on April 20, 2009.
2. Order in the matter of appointing members to the Central Safety Team: Bruce Madison and Kim Root for Sheriff’s; Bob Adams for Building Facilities; Debra Heller and Shanan Weberg for Health and Social Services; Carolyn Miller for County Counsel; Ron Sperry for Fleet; Diana Hinrichs for Assessment and Taxation; Vicki Caroll for Juvenile; Keith Clinard and Danny Stafford for Public Works; Don Zerbe for Parks; Chad Ohman for Fairgrounds; and Jessie Larner for State Courts. Terms will expire on January 30, 2007.
3. Order in the matter of reappointing Sean Milner and Tina Ouellette as Business Representatives to the Douglas County Regional Workforce Investment Board. Terms to expire December 31, 2007.
NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on February 22, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting