THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
2/8/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board meeting of February 1, 2006 to be approved.
1. Bid Opening #913: One new heavy duty ¾ ton, 4-wheel drive pickup w/long wide box and standard cab. (Fleet Department)
2. Bid Opening: Days Creek Bridge replacement on the Tiller-Trail Highway, Douglas County, OR.
ASSESSMENT AND TAXATION
1. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $384.93 to Tom Thumb Mini Storage, LLC.
2. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $617.96 to Daniel and Richard Parks.
1. This is the third contract addendum to the original contact, for service provision of wireless data devices, with Edge Wireless which adds equipment for various departments at the contracted rate.
1. Three year extension of the Banducci agreement lease that has expired. This lease will allow a farm permit for qualified ranchers to graze Kanipe Memorial Park. The lease with Banducci provides a revenue source for Kanipe Park. Last year's revenue was $10,200. This revenue stream is vital to help lower the maintenance costs associated with the park.
1. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire Protection District #2 by Chief Petitioner LeFevre. The annexation petition is signed by 100% of the owners of all the land in the territory proposed to be annexed. There are no known objectors at this time.
2. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Oakland Rural Fire District by Chief Petitioner Van Dehey. The petition has the signatures of 100% of the property owners for the single parcel of land proposed to be annexed. There are no known objectors at this time.
3. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Green Sanitary District by Chief Petitioner Shaw. The petition has the signatures of 100% of the owners of all the land in the territory proposed to be annexed. There are no known objectors at this time.
1. Order authorizing the maintenance of local access road Oak Valley Loop No. 908-A and Uriah Court No. 908-B
2. Cooperative Improvement agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation in the amount of $15,000 for traffic signal installation for Myrtle Creek Bridge.
3. Order accepting completion of contract: Driver Valley / Elkhead Road intersection paving County Roads Nos. 22 and 50. The contract has been competed and all requirements have been met. Roseburg Paving Company: $57,665.96.
4. Order granting vacation of a portion of Walter Court, County Road No. 217B upon performance or fulfillment of conditions.
5. Order accepting County Road North Summerwood Street No. 406 in Rosewood Estates subdivision.
6. Order awarding Bid #915, (which was opened at a regularly scheduled Board of Commissioners' Meeting on January 25, 2006), for one new tandem drive solid waste roll-off container truck and trailer to Northwest Volvo Trucks in the amount of $172,995.
1. Contract with the City of Yoncalla for patrol of the city by the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. Amount of contract for fiscal year 2005/2006: $13,309.88.
2. Agreement with ADAPT to provide treatment to inmates in the Douglas County Corrections Facility. Contract not to exceed $8,995.
NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on February 15, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting