THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
2/1/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board meeting of January 25, 2006 to be approved.
1. South Umpqua River (Myrtle Creek) Bridge Reconstruction on County Road 386 (Hwy 99/Main Street).
PROCLAMATION declaring the week of February 5-11, 2006, as Burn Awareness Week in Douglas County, Oregon.
1. Contract with SimplexGrinnell for a replacement fire alarm system. Total purchase amount is $114,350. The RFP for this alarm system was opened on December 29, 2005.
1. Modification and extension of contract #19668 with Brim Aviation for helicopter charter services to transport law enforcement personnel for aerial reconnaissance of illegal drug activities. This modification amends the rate to $695/hr. flight time. RFPs were opened on May 5, 2004, and contract was awarded on May 19, 2004.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Revised order for annual pre-book order for 2006/2007 purchase of flu vaccine. Original order was signed January 25, 2006. Ongoing contract negotiations have resulted in a lower cost, saving Douglas County an additional $1,624.26.
1. Bargain and Sale Deed to Umpqua Community Development Corporation for a house located in Drain. This property was acquired through property tax foreclosure in 2005, and is being sold to UCDC for the purpose of providing low income housing. Consideration is $7,700 (which includes back taxes, interest, penalties and administrative expenses).
1. Update by Keith Cubic, Planning Director, on Ballot Measure 37 claims in Douglas County.
1. Order accepting completion of contract with Roseburg Paving Company, in the amount of $211,081.02, for the South Umpqua Industrial Park Road extension. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
1. Modification to an agreement with the Bureau of Land Management for two full-time Sheriff’s Deputies to patrol BLM lands. The modification increases the agreement amount up to $225,000, which is paid by the BLM to Douglas County.
2. Agreement with the U.S. Forest Service to provide a deputy to patrol the Diamond Lake
Ranger District. The contract amount is not to exceed $38,000, and will be paid to Douglas County by the Forest Service.
NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on February 8, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a CD is $5.00 per meeting.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting