THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
12/31/2008 9:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on December 24, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Central Coast Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution: Presentation of a historical flag by Mr. Francis Coggswell.
1. Order Appointing a Drain District Justice of the Peace Pro Tempore: Appointment for a Justice of the Peace Pro Tempore for the Drain District Justice of the Peace, Russell G. Trump in the case of temporary absence or other incapacity.
1. Resolution: Adoption of an updated Land Use Fee Schedule. The Resolution affects two minor revisions to the current Land Use Fee Schedule. This is an update to the current fee schedule. The action reduces one fee and clarifies the scheduleís applicability for another.
2. Order: Interpretation of the Land Use & Development Ordinance to determine if Costco Wholesale is a permitted use in the (M-2) Medium Industrial Zone. The Board of Commissioners individually reviewed the procedural facts in the Record, and determined the Planning Commission Decision contains a thorough record. The Board also considered that, if the parties pursue a higher level of review, the process will expedited by eliminating a Board hearing. Based on these considerations, the Board has opted to decline review of this matter.
3. Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) Reappointments: The reappointment process is consistent with the Citizen Involvement ordinance and honors active volunteers who have developed a working knowledge of the land use process. A vacancy within a PAC is subject to an open recruitment process.
a. Coastal PAC: Two membership terms on the Coastal PAC have expired. Paul M. Dailey and Marjorie Falk have received recommendation for reappointment.
b. Cow Creek PAC: One membership term on the Cow Creek PAC has expired. Wilma Munyon has received a recommendation for reappointment.
c. North Umpqua PAC: Two membership terms have expired. Penny Schoenhoff and William Hemphill have received recommendation for reappointment
1. Order Accepting Completion of Contract: Purchase of Steel Superstructure Diamond Creek Bridge, Tiller-Trail Highway. The Contract has been completed and all requirements have been met. Oregon Iron Works, Inc. in the amount of $617,740.00
1. Order: Reappointment of Jerry Noel as the Citizen at Large Member of the Salmon Harbor Management Committee to be effective January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2011. Mr. Noel was first appointed in January 2003. Per Intergovernmental Agreement, this position must be mutually agreed on and appointed by the County and Port. The Committee is responsible for making a written recommendation to the County and Port and if both entities agree, must immediately appoint the person to the Committee.
1. Extension of Due Date for Balloon Payment: Board of Commissioner approval extends due date on promissory note from Roseburg Trailer Works, Inc. from September 15, 2009 to September 15, 2012. Roseburg Trailer Works will continue making monthly payments until final payment is due.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held January 7, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting. As part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt to provide public accessibility to services, programs and activities. If accommodation is needed to participate at this meeting, please contact the Board of Commissionerís office at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting