THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
12/26/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on December 19, 2007
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Orders refunding taxes to the following:
• Alan A. and Stefani Ayres, in the amount of $462.26
• William R. and Marsha Griffin, in the amount of $642.21
• Meadow Outdoor Advertising, in the amount of $305.59
• Raymond T. and Janet V. Peterman, in the amount of $525.37
• Barrett F. and Barbara W. Rainey, in the amount of $347.65
• Roger Rhodes, in the amount of $384.41
• Rolland J. and Mickey Simshauser, in the amount of $509.21
1. First modification of Contract Number 24062 with Day Wireless Systems in the amount of $75,000 for repairs / maintenance as needed for communications sites.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. OSU Marketing to pay a fee of $2,000 to County for two advertisements over a period of seven months of advertising on the Umpqua Transit buses.
2. Contract for advertising services on Umpqua Transit Buses with Funk/Levis and Associates in the amount of $6,300 revenue for the term of October 1, 2007 to April 30, 2008.
1. Order accepting irrevocable offer to sell property (property owners - Eric B. and Laura D. Leatherwood) with waiver of objection to assessment in conjunction with land partition (File No. 06-195).
2. Order accepting internal lot line vacation (property owners – Mark and Jodi Wecks) as provided in ORS 368.351.
1. Quarry lease agreement with Betty Payne for use of Rock Pit. Term is for five years and royalty amount is $1,250 per year as rent or royalty at a rate of $0.50 per cubic yard, whichever is greater.
2. Order accepting completion of contract with LTM, Inc. in the amount of $158,576.22 for the Myrtle Creek Transfer Site Retaining Wall. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
3. Order accepting completion of contract with Cradar Enterprises, Inc. in the amount of $328,991.20 for the Cedar Street Widening Milepost 0.41 t0 0.61 County Road No. 389. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
1. Second modification of ninth extension of Contract No. 17376 with Saving Grace to implement pre-adoption Spay and Neuter Program and dog license sales.
1. Order appointing Steve Schenewerk as a member to the Douglas County commission on Children and Families. Term to expire June 30, 2011.
1. Order appointing Jeremy Gegenhuber as a youth member to the Douglas County Commission on Children and Families. Term to expire June 30, 2009.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on January 2, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting