THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
12/24/2008 9:00:00 AM
1. Board Order: In the Matter of the Adoption of a Revised Building Permit Fee Schedule.
1. Order Dismissing Petition: County Measure 10-89 appeared on the November 4, 2008 ballot, asking the voters, “Shall Lower Umpqua Rural Fire District be formed with a maximum tax rate of $1.50 per $1000 of assessed value?” The measure failed to receive the required number of votes. The unofficial tally was 53 “yes” votes and 113 “no” votes. ORS 198.820(1) requires the Board to now dismiss the formation petition.
1. Approval of Contract with Beecher Carlson Insurance as Agent of Record for Property/Liability Insurance: RFP #965 was opened on December 17, 2008. Eleven RFP packets were sent to local and regional agencies. Beecher Carlson Insurance Agency submitted the only response to the RFP.
2. Extension of Contract with Bullard, Smith, Jernstedt, Wilson: Fourth and final extension of contract for legal services with Bullard, Smith, Jernstedt, Wilson. This firm provides employment and labor law services; there are no changes in hourly rates.
MANAGEMENT & FINANCE
1. Tax Refund: Austin Powder West LLC in the amount of $457.02
2. Tax Refund: Huffman & Wright Logging in the amount of $3,840.46
1. First Amendment of Contract No. 24377 with OBEC Consulting Engineers.
2. Change Order No. 2 with Laskey-Clifton Corporation for Salmon Harbor Pedestrian Bridge No. 20361, in the amount of $10,924.66
3. Order Accepting Completion of Contract: Replacement of Diamond Creek Bridge Tiller-Tail Hwy, County Road No. 1. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met. Holm II, Inc. – in the amount of $2,192,788.02
4. Order Accepting Completion of Contract: Replacement of Riddle Bridge at Cow Creek Canyonville-Riddle Road No. 21. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met. Holm II, Inc. in the amount of $3,343,303.75
1. Deed: From Douglas County to Umpqua Community Action Network of the County’s Interest in the Martha Young Service Center.
2. One year extension of contract with Robert Devlin. Contract expires December 31, 2009.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held December 31, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting. As part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt to provide public accessibility to services, programs and activities. If accommodation is needed to participate at this meeting, please contact the Board of Commissioner’s office at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting