THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
12/19/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on December 12, 2007
SPECIAL PRESENTATION by Jim Bier and Jim Kennelly: Use of Gas at Land Fill
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. PLANNING Department File No. 07-213; Ordinance No. 2007-12-04: James and Sharon Scott, request for comp plan amendment, zone change and non-resource determination.
1. Agreements with ADAPT, Confidence Clinic, Douglas C.A.R.E.S., and UCAN Family Development for reimbursement from COPS Meth Grant.
2. Agreements with Cities of Myrtle Creek, Reedsport, Roseburg, Sutherlin, and Winston; and Douglas County Sheriff for COPS Meth Grant overtime reimbursement.
1. Award of Bid #950 to Western Power and Equipment in the amount of $73,424 for three 25 ton triple axle tilt deck trailers.
1. County Opportunity Grant Agreement between Douglas County and the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department for $39,928 to fund a portion of Phase II of the Chief Miwaleta Campground Project. This grant will supplement an earlier awarded grant of $90,000 to help offset the overall cost of the project.
1. Order affirming the findings of fact and the decision of the Planning Commission in the Garrett Trust and Russell Wilson Comprehensive Plan Amendment. Planning Department File No. 07-204.
2. Order affirming the findings of fact and the decision of the Planning Commission in the George and Nancy Acosta Comprehensive Plan Amendment. Planning Department File No. 07-223.
1. Order approving Solid Waste Advisory Committee recommendation regarding increase in sold waste fees charged by franchisees. This order allows the franchisees to charge their customers for fees that the franchisee must pay to the County for the dumping of construction and demolition waste.
1. Order appointing Bill Tipton as a member to the Callahan Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire December19, 2010.
2. Order appointing Shalee McCurdy as a member to the Cow Creek Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire December 19, 2010.
3. Order appointing William Bellando as a member to the Douglas Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire December 19, 2010.
4. Order appointing Robert Moldenhauer as a member to the Roseburg-Green Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire December 19, 2010.
5. Order appointing Becky Brosi-Shepherd as a member to the Committee for Citizen Involvement. Term to expire December 19, 2010.
6. Orders appointing Todd Munsey and reappointing John Dunn and Mike Keller as members to the Douglas County Fair Board. Terms to expire December 31, 2011.
9. Interim Sales Agreement in the amount of $20,650.00 for the purchase of Visual and Wetlands Easements from ODOT. Easements benefit South Umpqua Valley Industrial Park. (Alfa Leisure Parcel)
10. Budget modification for Grant No. CO5006, which is for the construction of the Martha Young Center for UCAN in the amount of $10,000. The amount has been transferred from the Contingency line item to the Construction line item. This modification corrects the error.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on December 26, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting