THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
12/12/2007 10:00:00 AM
Revision No. 1
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on December 5, 2007
Recognition of the winners of the Fire District Fire Prevention Poster Contest. This drawing was open to students in grades K-3. The topic of the contest was fire safety. The District received 144 entries. The winners of the contest were invited to ride on the Fire District’s antique 1941 Holabird Fire Engine during the Veterans’ Day Parade which was held on November 12th in downtown Roseburg. The winning posters will be displayed in the Courthouse.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. PUBLIC WORKS: Public hearing concerning the matter of franchise haulers charging for disposal of construction and demolition waste at the Roseburg Landfill. The Board of Commissioners may vote at the end of this hearing.
1. Order refunding taxes to the following:
Basco Logging, Inc. in the amount of $455.80
Parata Systems, LLC in the amount of $722.44
Parata Systems, LLC in the amount of $520.87
1. Delegation of authority authorizes Peggy Kennerly to pre-book influenza vaccine from Sanofi Pasteur up to $75,000 beginning with vaccine for the 2008-2009 flu season.
1. Permit of Entry allowing Swanson Group, Inc. to enter County land located near the County’s Camas Valley timber sale area. Term of permit is 12-13-0 through 2-29-08.
2. Amendment No. 3 to lease for police headquarters between County and City of Roseburg. Base rent in increasing to $3,000 per month, 1-1-08 through 6-30-08; $4,500 per month,
7-1-08 through 6-30-09; and, $5,500 per month, 7-1-09 until City moves into their new headquarters building.
3. Amendments to two leases between Douglas County and Canyonville LLC for office space for the Canyonville Justice Court and the Canyonville Health Department office.
4. Tree planting contract with Sierra Grande Reforestation, Inc. for planting of approximately 26,730 seedlings on County owned land in the Reedsport area. Bid price is $280 per thousand.
1. Warranty Deed from Fred Earwood for the acquisition of right-of-way to be used for the widening and re-alignment of Circle Drive, County Road No. 278D.
2. Order approving modification of rates for purchase of stored water from the Galesville Project.
3. Contract with LTM, Inc. in the amount of $61,980 for construction of FISH Parking Lot at Jerry Bruce Community Campus, Douglas County, Oregon.
4. Right-of-way acquisition services – Weaver Road Extension Project, Douglas County, Oregon with OBEC Consulting Engineers not to exceed $249,700.
5. Detour Bridge – Engineering Design Services Brown’s Bridge Replacement Project, Douglas County, Oregon with OBEC Consulting Engineer’s in the amount of $336,677.
1. Application for grant for Courthouse Veterans’ Memorial Renovation of the Veterans’ memorial near the oak tree in front of the Courthouse. Fiscal impact is approximately $50 per year.
1. Order reappointing Bob Adams as a member to the Douglas County Compensation Board. Term to expire June 30, 2010.
2. Order reappointing Bill Swift, Jonathan Hill, Dennis Action, and Lonnie Ferber as members to the Park Advisory Board of Douglas County. Terms to expire December 27, 2011.
3. Order appointing the following as members to the Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Counsel:
Don Good, term to expire June 30, 2010
Bob Miller, term to expire June 30, 2009
Bill Poulter, term to expire June 30, 2008
Richard Hudson, term to expire June 30, 2010
4. Order reappointing Francis Blake as a member to the SE Booth Avenue Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2010.
5. Order reappointing John Davis as a member to the Humphrey Addition Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2010.
6. Order reappointing Jan Kelley as a member to the Roaring Camp Special Road District board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2010.
7. Order reappointing Stanley Vejtasa as a member to the Sable Drive Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2010.
8. Order reappointing Madeleine Smelcer as a member to the Springbrook Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2010.
9. Order reappointing Dennis Bragg as a member to the Terrace Drive and Upper Terrace Lane Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2010.
10. Order reappointing Russell Noah as a member to the upper Cleveland Rapids Road District. Term to expire December 31, 2010.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on December 19, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting