THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
12/10/2008 9:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on December 3, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Approval of Certifications and Assurances for Public Transportation for Federal Transit Administration Grants and Cooperative Agreements for signature.
1. “Letter of Agency” for Oregon Health Network Grant Opportunity: In 2008 “Oregon Health Network” was formed following an award of $20 million from the FCC Rural Healthcare Pilot Program project. This funding was awarded to build a tele-Health I.T. network infrastructure throughout the state of Oregon to support and improve health care delivery and health care education. Douglas County may be considered eligible to receive part of this funding to improve local tele-Medicine infrastructure. To be considered for funding, Douglas County must submit a “Letter of Agency” to OHN.
1. Approval of Tree Planting Agreement with Sierra Grande Reforestation, Inc. for the planting of approximately 51,500 seedlings on 140 acres of County owned forest land. Bid price is $295.00 per thousand seedlings planted for a total of $15,192.50.
1. Hearing: Legislative Amendments to update Chapters 1 (Citizen Involvement), 2 (Forest Resources), 6 (Natural Features), 11 (Economic), and 15 (Land Use) of the Douglas County Comprehensive Plan, and updates to Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Maps. These amendments add new information and clarify policies keeping the Douglas County Comprehensive Plan contemporary.
2. Hearing: Amendments to the Land Use & Development Ordinance (LUDO) – Ordinance No. 2008-12-01. Amendments are needed in order to address a new law passed by the 2008 Special Legislative Session; include changes to the Manufactured Dwelling Specialty Code, and clarify the use and application of various land use review procedures.
3. Remand Order: SingleTree Investments – LUBA remand to the Planning Commission of approval of a Plan Amendment and zone change on a 2.40 acre portion of a 3.62 acre parcel on Highway 138 in the Dixonville Rural Community. PD File No. 07-282. The Planning Commission approved, and the Board of Commissioners affirmed (April 16, 2008), the SingleTree Investments request for a Plan Amendment and Zone Change from Rural Residential to Rural Community Industrial to allow a truck maintenance and repair facility in Dixonville. The County approval was subsequently appealed to LUBA. On August 5, 2008, LUBA remanded the matter back to the County for further review.
1. Vacation of a portion of Melqua County Road No. 13A upon performance or fulfillment of conditions. Petitioners – Coles Valley Cemetery Association, Jerry L. and Debra J. Tabor, and Lavern D. Murphy.
1. Grant Agreement between Oregon Wave Energy Trust and Douglas County for a grant in the amount of $200,000 to aid the County in preparing the necessary studies and information for filing a license application with FERC for the Douglas County Wave & Tidal Energy Project.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held December 17, 2008 at 9:00 a.m.
in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting. As part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt to provide public accessibility to services, programs and activities. If accommodation is needed to participate at this meeting, please contact the Board of Commissioner’s office at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting