THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
12/03/2008 9:00:00 AM
CHAIRMAN: Joseph Laurance
COMMISSIONER: Marilyn Kittelman
COMMISSIONER: Doug Robertson
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on November 26, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $622.26 to Michael Roger and Diane F. Smith
2. Intergovernmental Agreement covers processing of mobile home ownership documents in the statewide LOIS System by the Assessorís Office and the receipt of taxes by the Tax Office. This extension will run until June 30, 2009 with a 60 day termination clause open to either County or the Department of Business and Consumer Services, and allows transfer of manufactured homes and the issuance if trip permits at the County in lieu of driving to Salem or transacting the process through the mail. The $30.00 transaction fee is projected to add approximately $20,000 of revenue to the current fiscal year with no increase in staffing.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Approval of Mental Health Specialists to serve as Mental Health Directorís Designees. This will allow designees to direct a peace officer to take into custody a person the director or designee has probable cause to believe is dangerous to self or any other person and is in need of immediate care, custody and treatment for mental illness under ORS 426.233
1. Order accepting permanent road easement on County Road No. 49 with the United States of America, acting by and through the Forest Service, Department of Agriculture.
1. CCD: Written agreement with the South Douglas County Enterprise Zone Sponsors to extend property tax exemption to five consecutive years for capital investment by Green Diamond Sand Products.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT OF THE BUSINESS MEETING OF THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS AND CONVENING AS THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE DOUGLAS COUNTY 4-H, MASTER GARDENER, AND EXTENSION SERVICE DISTRICT .
1. Intergovernmental Agreement between the Douglas County 4-H, Master Gardener, and Extension Service District and Oregon State University. This agreement will allow the District to provide property tax proceeds to OSU.
2. Notice of Designation of John Punches as the registered agent of the Douglas County 4-H, Master Gardener, and Extension Service District.
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held December 10, 2008 at 9:00 a.m.
in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting. As part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt to provide public accessibility to services, programs and activities. If accommodation is needed to participate at this meeting, please contact the Board of Commissionerís office at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting