THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
11/26/2008 9:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on November 12, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $599.92 to Thomas G. Wallace.
2. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $15,109.93 to Sprint Nextel Corporation / Gene Harris.
3. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $397.55 to James A and Barbara J. Collins.
4. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $315.20 to Darrel and Connie Abshere.
5. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $397.53 to Gary L. and Trecia A. Holcomb.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. 2008 – 2009 Kid’s Place grant contract between Douglas County and Riddle School District for $14,572 of federal childcare funds.
2. Amendment No. 3 to the 2007-09 Intergovernmental Agreement between the Oregon Commission on Children and Families and Douglas County allocating Riddle Community School funds in the amount of $70,446.
3. Amendment to the Family Development Center – Healthy Start Program for $9,467.
1. Bargain and Sale Deed to James Lewis Rinkle for a property located in Sutherlin. This property was acquired by the County through property tax foreclosure in January 2008 and is being deeded to an heir of the previous owners. Consideration of $12,836.03 has been paid in full.
2. Road Use Permit with Jeff Unger Logging, Inc. for hauling timber on Noel Ridge Road near Reedsport. Term is through December 31, 2009.
1. First Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with Douglas Education Service District under a Department of Education program named “Teaching American Ideals” project. This is an extension of the agreement relating to the “From Purple Mountain Majesties to Shining Sea: A Journey into Our American Ideals” project.
PARK AND BUILDING FACILITIES
1. Kanipe Memorial Park Grazing Lease with Robert Banducci in the amount of $850.00 per month, which equates to $10,200 per year. The current farming and grazing lease expired and a new three year lease was advertised for bid. Mr. Banducci was the highest bidder.
1. Order accepting completion of contract with LTM, Inc., in the amount of $128,202.67 for overlay of NE Stephens Road #388, MP 12.29 to 12.63. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
2. Amendment of contract with Donald E. Bowes, P.E. to extend term for FERC Potential Failure Modes Analysis and report, and FERC Part 12D Independent Consultant Inspection and report for Galesville Dam.
3. Order authorizing purchase of herbicides in the amount of $84,401.60 from UAP Timberland under the Oregon Cooperative Purchasing Program agreement #5253. Purchase is exempt per LCRB 4.24.
4. Order approving modification of rates for solid waste collection service provided by Southern Oregon Sanitation.
5. Agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation (in the amount not to exceed $22,000 per year) for traffic signals, flashing beacons and illumination maintenance.
1. CCD: Green Diamond Sand Products and Enterprise Zone Application.
2. Discussion on appointment of members to the Hospital Facility Authority Board. There are currently four vacancies on the Hospital Facility Authority Board. The positions have been advertised; however, no applications have been received. The terms for the board are restricted to two, three-year terms for a lifetime. Dr. Jose’ Vargas Bozo, Melvin Cheney and Susan Knight are eligible for reappointment and are wiling to serve another term. Commissioner Kittelman is serving in the position of governing body and wishes to be reappointed until December 31, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held December 3, 2008 at 9:00 a.m.
in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting. As part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt to provide public accessibility to services, programs and activities. If accommodation is needed to participate at this meeting, please contact the Board of Commissioner’s office at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting