THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
11/22/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting of November 8, 2006, to be approved.
1. Festival of Lights Committee
TRIBAL LAND TRANSFER APPLICATION
1. Application for acquisition of a 30.11 acre tract by the United States to held in trust for the use and benefit of the Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians. Property is described as follows: 316 and 333 Ruckles Drive, four miles north of Myrtle Creek, Oregon, consisting of Tax Lots 1100, 1101, and 1200 in Section 7 of Township 29 South, Range 5 West, Willamette Meridian.
1. Antenna site lease agreement with Verizon on the Yoncalla site. $21,600 will be paid to the County for the first year of the initial term.
2. Second modification of Contract #22329 with Day Wireless Systems.
1. Order decreasing the number of members on the Douglas County Fair Board from seven to five.
2. Contract with TBA for fairs and festivals to work with Fair Board for 2007.
1. One year extension for Auctioneer Services Contract with I-5 Auctions. (Auctioneer services for sale of surplus property.)
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Intergovernmental Agreement No. 119284 with the Department of Human Services to become a regional lead agency for administration of the National Bio-Terrorism Hospital Preparedness Program of the Health Resources and Services Administration. Revenue funds amount to $24,917.
1. Second Extension of Contract No. 20287 with Willis of Eugene, Inc. for insurance agent services for employee benefit insurance.
1. Extension of term of Contract No. 23070 with Northwest Pump and Equipment Company to upgrade the Fleet Department fuel monitoring system.
1. Orders appointing Marc Nichols and Richard Smith as members to the Calapooia Planning Advisory Committee. Terms to expire November 22, 2009.
2. Orders appointing Kathey L. Linn and Carolyn Ireland as members to the South Umpqua Planning Advisory Committee. Terms to expire November 22, 2009.
1. Award of Bid #931 to Coast Crane Company for one new 40 ton rubber tired, carrier mounted hydraulic crane.
2. Order accepting completion of contract for asphalt overlay with LTM, Inc. for Tiller Trail Highway MP 23.3 to 24.9 County Road No. 1. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
3. Order accepting completion of contract with C2S group, LLC for Buck Creek Road culvert replacement – Milepost 1.385 County Road No. 61. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
3. Order accepting South Park Court No. 375-L in the South Park Subdivision.
4. Order rejecting bid for South Calapooia Street conduit installation MP 4.32 to 4.90, County Road No. 388.
5. Order granting vacation of a portion of Maupin County Road No. 57B upon performance or fulfillment of conditions. Petitioners – Charles R. Schuttpelz, Stuart R. Schuttpelz, Charles G. Schuttpelz and Holcomb Bros. Ranch.
6. Right of way easement with PacifiCorp.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on November 29, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting