THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
11/21/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on November 7, 2007
1. Fleet Services: Bid #950 for procurement of three (3) new 25 T Triple Axle Tilt Deck Trailers.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Grant application with the Oregon State Commission on Children and Families in the amount of $122,376 in support of a drop-in center for Douglas County’s homeless youth.
1. Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Oregon’s Department of Corrections for data and telephone support services for the Douglas County Parole and Probation Office in the amount of $515 per month paid to the County.
2. Agreements with Douglas Fast Net for transport services to replace two wireless data circuits with fiber connections due to performance issues at Parks Department in Winchester and Fleet / Pubic Works Shops on Diamond Lake Boulevard. Annual Costs are $1,800 per site.
1. Satisfaction of Mortgage with William S. Hillman, individually, and Hillman Timber and Investments, LLC, relative to a reforestation loan from the County’s Woodlands Assistance program. Loan has been paid in full and the County’s lien is being removed from the property.
1. Annual renewal of the license allowing the Roseburg Rotary Club to use River Forks Park for the Festival of Lights event held from November through January. Payment will be made to the County in the amount of 20% of the net revenues from the project or $2,900, whichever is greater.
2. ATV Grant authorization for a grant to the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department to receive matching funds for operation and maintenance costs associated with off highway vehicle activity in Winchester Bay. A successful application would provide additional income to the Park Department without any additional expense.
3. Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife access agreements to Winchester Creek and the South Umpqua River through Douglas County Park Property, from Douglas County, in order to facilitate the Salmon and Trout Enhancement Program. The Access Agreement will allow ODF&W staff and volunteers to use park property to access the STEP project site for a five year period.
1. Order for first hearing in the matter of initiating the formation of a 4-H, Master Gardener and Extension Service District for Douglas County, Oregon, ORS 198.835. The hearing date can be set for January 9, 2008.
2. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Calapooia Rural Fire District. Chief Petitioner: Hockman. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the final hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
3. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2. Chief Petitioner: Jones. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the final hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
4. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Calapooia Rural Fire District. Chief Petitioner: Knee. There are no known objectors at this time. No other hearings are necessary.
5. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County fire District No. 2. Chief Petitioner: Mackey. There are no known objectors at this time. No other hearings are necessary.
6. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Oakland Rural Fire District. Chief Petitioner: Tilbury. There are no known objectors at this time. No other hearings are necessary.
1. Order accepting easement from Gary and Mary Ozburn for connection to the Glide-Idleyld Park sewer system.
2. Fourth Extension of Contract No. 18752 with Right of Way Associates for coordination of acquisition of real property.
3. Contract with Donald E. Bowes, P. E. for consulting services for the Galesville Dam Project.
1. First Modification of Second Extension of Contract No. 21039 with Bailey Veterinary Clinic, P.C. to increase total payments from $50,000 to $75,000.
2. Third Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Myrtle Creek in the amount of $55.00 per prisoner day for each city prisoner accepted and housed.
3. Annual performance grant from FEMA. $56,500
4. Second Reading of Ordinance #2007-10-03 amending Chapter 6.17 of the Douglas County Code (spay and neuter ordinance). Two versions: one with the words “and/or local veterinarians” and one without the words.
1. Fourth Modification of Contract #21881 with Sussman Shank LLD for legal services.
2. Resolution in the matter of adopting the 2008-2013 Coos Curry Douglas Regional Investment Strategy for submission to the Oregon Economic and Community Development Commission.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on November 28, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting