THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
11/12/2008 9:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on November 5, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Douglas County Regional Workforce Investment Board Informational Report
1. Correction Quitclaim Deeds near Siltcoos Lake: The legal descriptions of tax lots 100,200, 1300, and 1400 in the SW ¼ of Section 1, Township 20 S. Range 12 W.W.M., Douglas County were tied to the location of the west line of the east half of the SW ¼ of the section. At some point, the line was moved to the West 200 to 250 feet, more or less, which caused the legal description of tax lot 1400 to appear to shift to the West, caused the East property line of tax lots 200 and 1300 to appear to shift to the West, and caused the West property line of tax lot 100 to appear to shift to the West. In order to correct (or clarify) the legal descriptions of these tax lots, the Board is being asked to accept from the owner of tax lot 1400 a quitclaim to the county of the now incorrectly described ownership; to quitclaim to her the now correctly described ownership and to also quitclaim to the owner of tax lot 1300 the now correctly described ownership.
2. Order accepting deed: Douglas County acquired title to a tax foreclosed property through the 2005 tax foreclosure. Acceptance of quitclaim deed from one of the lien holders, Farmers Home Administration, will help to clear up title.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Agreement with Douglas Education Service District in the amount of $280.00 per day to provide mental health treatment for students in schools. (Agreement maximum of $182,560.)
1. Resolution regarding the acquisition of a 8.4 acre land locked parcel located on McLain Avenue, adjacent to the landfill.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Request for reimbursement from Oregon Economic & Community Development for reimbursement of expenditures on the Winchester Bay Sanitary Project managed by Sandra Jackson. This is a pass-through grant. We will receive funds and pass on to Winchester Bay Sanitary.
1. Amendment of contract with Donald E. Bowes, P.E. to extend term and increase hourly rate for FERC Potential Failure Modes Analysis and report, and FERC Part 12D Independent Consultant Inspection and report for Galesville Dam.
2. Intergovernmental agreement with Green Sanitary District for construction of a sanitary sewer pump station in the Oak Creek Industrial Park. Loan / grant in the amount of $450,000 from Oregon Economic & Community Development Department.
3. Order authorizing maintenance of local access roads: Mona Street No. 907; Rollin Court No. 907-B; and Clark Street No. 258-G.
4. Real estate option agreement and temporary construction easement with River Club Owners Association, Inc., in the amount of $55,100 for temporary construction rights for four years to improve the North Umpqua River (Brown’s Bridge) #19C484.
5. Order granting vacation of a portion of West Shore Drive, a dedicated road in West Shore Lodges Subdivision upon performance or fulfillment of conditions. Petitioners: James W. Row, trustee of the James W. Row Trust; Edna B. Row, trustee of the Edna B. Row Trust; and Edward S. and Jacque L. McMillan, trustees of the Jacque L. McMillan Trust.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO BOC MEETING ON NOVEMBER 19TH. THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS WILL BE ATTENDING THE ANNUAL ASSOCIATION OF COUNTIES MEETING IN EUGENE.
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held November 26, 2008 at 9:00 a.m.
in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting