THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
11/05/2008 9:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on October 29, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Hearing and order approving modification of rates for sold waste collection service provided by Southern Oregon Sanitation, Inc.
1. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $419.90 for Gary Leif and Carol Hickenbotom.
2. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $377.60 for Jayz Home Décor, % Jeffey Railsback and Christina Muirhead-Morgan.
1. Intergovernmental Agreement for cooperative, temporary use of short term jail use between the City of Reedsport and Douglas County on an as needed and as available basis.
2. Grant for the FEMA / Sheriff’s Emergency Management Program in the amount of $59,000.
3. Contract with the Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians in the amount of $19,499 (paid to the County) to purchase a Live Scan Fingerprinting System from Cogent Systems. The County agrees to fingerprint all applicants for employment with Seven Feathers Casino for a five year term.
4. Contract with Cogent Systems, Inc. to provide fingerprint machine and maintenance of machine for the Records Department. Cost of machine in the amount of $19,499 received from the Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians. (See agenda item 3 under Sheriff.)
1. Order to reappoint Michael Wetherell as a member to the Committee for Citizen Involvement and serve on the Callahan Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire November 4, 2011.
2. Order to reappoint Corvin Maddox as a member to the Committee for Citizen Involvement and serve on the Calapooya Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire November 5, 2011.
3. Order to reappoint Louise Poteet as a member to the Committee for Citizen Involvement and serve on the Roseburg-Green Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire November 5, 2011.
4. Discussion pertaining to the order appointing members to the Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council, Positions #3 and #4.
5. Discussion pertaining to the order reappointing two members to the Douglas County Traffic Safety Commission.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held November 12, 2008 at 9:00 a.m.
in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting