THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
10/31/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on October 24, 2007
FLEET BID OPENING: Bid #949 for procurement of one new ¾ Ton HD 4-wheel drive with short wide box and crew cab.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order refunding taxes to Parkside Village Oregon Ltd in the amount of $13,494.02.
1. First extension of Contract #23227 with Floors By Design, not to exceed $50,000, for floor installation as needed.
1. Service Agreement with Qwest for updated VESTA (telephone) equipment for the Communications 9-1-1 Center. Funding is paid for by Oregon Emergency Management to Qwest.
1. Second amendment to covenants, conditions, and restrictions for the Douglas County non-profit campus for a portion that will be used for parking.
1. Letter of Agreement between Statewide Agency Easter Seals Oregon and local sponsor Douglas County, AARP Foundation Money Management Program. The purpose of the program is to use volunteers to provide daily money management assistance to vulnerable low-income persons with few financial resources.
2. Intergovernmental Agreement #122699 with the Department of Human Services in the amount of $59,243.00 to ensure the consistent safe operation of public drinking water systems.
1. Bargain and Sale Deed / Order to Accept Deed: Exchange of deeds with Roseburg School District relative to property near Melrose School on Melrose County Road #13. District is deeding to County the road right-of-way and a permanent slope and waterline easement. County is deeding to the District excess right-of-way to be used for a parking area.
2. Resolution declaring that the acquisition of certain property to be used for slide repair on Coos Bay Wagon Road #5B is in the public interest.
1. The Park Department has developed a Park Policy Manual that will be used to guide Park Department staff and the Park Advisory Board in a consistent and fair manner. The Park Advisory Board requests approval and adoption of the manual as submitted.
1. Order correcting the file number on the findings of fact and final order in the David M. Thomas matter. The file number reference contained a typographical error.
1. Extension of lease with Oregon Department of Transportation for Sunrise Enterprise Property. Rent increase for 2007-2008 is $134.
2. Order determining assessments for the improvement of the Fairhill Drive Water System. (Revenue)
1. First Reading for Ordinance No. 2007-10-03 amending Chapter 6.17 of the Douglas County Code. (The Spay and Neuter Ordinance)
1. Order appointing Ruth Ann Liles as a member to the Douglas County Regional Workforce Investment Board. Term to expire December 31, 2009.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on November 7, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon. THERE WILL BE NO BOARD MEETINGS ON NOVEMBER 14, 2007.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting