THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
10/29/2008 9:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on October 22, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
HEARINGS: Public Works
1. Hearing and order approving modification of rates for solid waste collection service provided by Roseburg Disposal.
2. Hearing and order approving modification of rates for solid waste collection service provided by Southern Oregon Sanitation, Inc.
3. Hearing and order approving modification of rates for solid waste collection service provided by South Umpqua Disposal.
4. Hearing and order approving modification of rates for solid waste collection service provided by Sutherlin Sanitary.
5. Hearing and order determining final assessments and authorizing publication of notice for Darley Drive Special Road District.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Contract with the Oregon Coast Community Action for the Great Afternoons Program, in the amount of $14,572, was the successful bidder in response to an RFP for After School Care grant funds from the State.
2. Biennial Budget Adjustment: This is a requirement by the State Commission on Children and Families for the 2007-2009 Biennium.
1. Byrne Grant in the amount of $50,000 to pay for overtime and other expenses. The 10% matching funds are from the Administrative Aide’s salary. (Although this grant was cut last July, it has been reinstated.)
1. Ambulance Service Franchise Agreement for Area #1 with Lower Umpqua Hospital District.
PARKS AND FACILITIES
1. Modification and Extension of Contract #24045 with Eden Advanced Pest Technologies in the amount of (not to exceed) $50,000 for Pest Control at various County sites. The contract extends to July 1, 2009.
1. Resolutions in the matter of the Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2008 Elections for National Forest Related Safety-Net Payments, and for the FFY 2008 Elections for O&C Land Related Safety Net Payments. Three elections are outlined in the resolutions: 1) election to receive the guaranteed minimum full county payment amount; 2) allocation of 15% of the county's payment amount for expenditure on projects under Title II and Title III; and 3) of the percent allocated to Title II and Title III projects, Douglas County further allocates 8% to Title II projects and 7% to Title III projects. The resolutions also outline percentage of funds to be allocated to the various Resource Advisory Committees.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held November 5, 2008 at 9:00 a.m.
in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting