THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
10/22/2008 9:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on October 8, 2008 and October 15, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Continuation of hearing for public comments on a request by Catholic Health Initiatives to the Colorado Health Facilities Authority to issue Revenue Bonds, Series 2008, in one or more series, in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $900,000,000.
HEARINGS: Public Works
1. Hearing and order approving modification of rates for solid waste collection service provided by Roseburg Disposal.
2. Hearing and order approving modification of rates for solid waste collection service provided by Southern Oregon Sanitation, Inc.
3. Hearing and order approving modification of rates for solid waste collection service provided by South Umpqua Disposal.
4. Hearing and order approving modification of rates for solid waste collection service provided by Sutherlin Sanitary.
5. Hearing and order determining final assessments and authorizing publication of notice for Darley Drive Special Road District.
1. Contract with Dan San Enterprises, Inc. dba DJ’s Plumbing in the amount of $36,500 to replace the heating lines under the Courthouse.
1. Order dissolving Rice Hill Sanitary District.
1. Intergovernmental agreement with the City of Sutherlin wherein the City agrees to contribute funds of $30,000 for FY ‘08/’09 for operation of the Umpqua Transit Transportation System. County will retain 1/12 of the funds and the remainder will be passed through to Umpqua Transit’s contracted operator, UCAN.
1. Modifications to Douglas County Personnel Rules: Language is being proposed to clarify Personnel Rules 5 (Compensation Plan), 8 (Attendance), and 9 (Leave of Absence) as they relate to the identification and approval of overtime and / or the accrual of compensatory time; and to correct typographical errors in Rule 18 (Travel Regulations).
1. Intergovernmental Agreement with the Oregon Department of Corrections (to provide technology support services for the Roseburg office) was entered into on November 1, 2007. This agreement will replace the one year agreement with a modified fee schedule. The new monthly total fees paid to Douglas County will be $618.00.
2. Master Transport Agreement with Douglas Services Inc. in the amount of $59.99 (which will be paid by the Museum) to provide a circuit and the installation of a public access wireless internet connection in the Douglas County Museum’s conference room to facilitate meetings and public access.
3. Contract addendum for Douglas County to participate in a State of Oregon agreement with Qwest Communications Corporation for long distance services. Long distance rates = 3.2˘ per minute.
1. Board Order to decline review in the matter of appeal of the Planning Commission Decision approving a request by Bjorn Vian and Thomas Maurer for land partition of an 80 acre parcel along the Glide UUA line, which separates the Agriculture designated portion from the Tourist Commercial designated portion of the property located on Highway 138E. (PD File 08-033)
1. Intergovernmental agreement to fingerprint applicants to work for the Department of Consumer and Business Services of the State of Oregon. Cost per fingerprint check is $15.00.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held October 29, 2008 at 9:00 a.m.
in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting