THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
10/18/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting of October 11, 2006, to be approved.
Teen Read Week: October 15-21. Max Leek and Carol Lamb, from the Library, will be receiving the proclamation.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Order appointing the following members to the Healthy Start Advisory Board:
Kristin Shivers, Myrtle Creek, OR: Term to expire 10-18-10
Silvia L. Nash, Myrtle Creek, OR: Term to expire 10-18-10
Michelle Knapp, Roseburg, OR: Term to expire 11-02-09
1. Modification of Contract #17834 with Paul Ellis for consulting services for the Emergency Communications Project. (THIS ITEM HAS BEEN PULLED FROM THE AGENDA.)
1. (a.) Memorandum of Antenna Site Lease Agreement with Verizon Wireless.
(b.) Antenna Site Lease Agreement with Verizon Wireless which will allow placement of a Verizon antenna on top of the fairgrounds grandstand and will generate $15,000 per year revenue for the County.
1. (a.)Hearing / Bargain and Sale Deed: Hearing regarding the relinquishment of a parcel in Drain to the City of Drain. The parcel was acquired through property tax foreclosure and will be used for a public purpose by the City of Drain.
(b.)If there are no objections during the hearing, then the Board will sign a Bargain and Sale Deed to the City of Drain.
1. Order Accepting Irrevocable Offer to Sell Property (property owner: Philip D. & Debbi L. Garris) with Waiver of Objection to Assessment.
2. Order Accepting Irrevocable Offer to Sell Property (property owner: Carl Dean Barron) with Waiver of Objection to Assessment.
1. Change Order No. 1 with C2S Group, LLC. for Buck Creek Road Culvert Replacement.
2. Change Order No. 1 with C2S Group, LLC. for North Fork Smith river Culvert Replacement.
3. Change Order No. 1 with C2S Group, LLC. for Non-profit Campus, Phase 3.
4. Change Order No. 2 with C2S Group, LLC. for Non-profit Campus, Phase 3.
1. Amendment No. 4 to Contract with Aramark Correctional Services, Inc. for an increase in prices for management operation of meals.
1. Order reappointing Rasha Van Beek to the Dog Control Board. Term expires 6-30-10.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on October 25, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting