THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
10/17/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on October 10, 2007
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Bill of Sale and related documents for tax foreclosure property sold at auction in the amount of $63,000 to Hubertís Model Railroad Manufacturing of Oregon.
1. Intergovernmental Agreement No. 122765 with the State of Oregon replaces Agreement No. 113051, which was terminated September 30, 2007.
1. Legal Services Contact for Public Defender Services for Reedsport Justice Court. $38,300 maximum ($200 per case)
1. Assignment of road use permit from PacWest to Rosboro.
2. Intergovernmental Office Space Lease Amendment with the State of Oregonís Department of Corrections for office space in the Reedsport Annex. This extends a 2004 lease through June 30, 2009.
3. Intergovernmental Office Space Lease Amendment with the State of Oregonís Department of Corrections for office space in the Courthouse Complex. Extends a 2004 lease through June 30, 2009.
1. Local Government Matching Grant Agreement between Douglas County and the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department for $35,000 to fund the re-roofing project at Windy ďAĒ Campground.
2. Local Government Matching Grant Agreement between Douglas County and the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department for $90,000 to fund a portion of Phase II of the Chief Miwaleta Campground Project.
3. Modification of Intergovernmental Agreement with Winchester Bay Rural Fire Protection District for fire protection services at the coast due to an increase in rates for 2006-07, and to adjust future rates to the annual CPI for the length of the contract. Increase to a not to exceed $2,305.61.
4. Order awarding contract to Ron Kaufmann in the amount of $78,600 for Bid No. 947 for Windy Cove ď AĒ Restroom Renovation.
1. Final Order: David M. Thomas request for a reasons exception to allow a private boarding school in Umpqua. The Board action is to reverse the Planning Commission decision and deny the application.
1. Second reading of ordinance to repeal the ordinance establishing the Glide Sewer Advisory Panel since the Glide-Idleyld Sanitary District has been formed and the board has been elected. The Board may vote on this ordinance at the completion of the hearing.
2. Order accepting completion of contract by OBEC Consulting Engineers in the amount of $816,227.60 for Myrtle Creek Arch Bridge rehabilitation and widening engineering services. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
1. Resolution in the matter of opposing the establishment of marine reserves within Oregonís Territorial sea and supporting the protection of the recreational and commercial fishing industries.
2. Order appointing Daniel Bouck as a member to the Local Public Safety Coordination
3. Second Extension to the Agreement with Alfa Leisure, Inc. for the purchase of property in the South Umpqua Valley Industrial Park. This agreement extends the closing date by 60 days to allow Douglas County to complete the purchase of a visual easement from ODOT as required by the original sale agreement.
4. Sub-grant funds from the 05-07 Biennium Grant Award Contract to Murphy Company for job training.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on October 24, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon. THERE WILL BE NO BOARD MEETINGS ON NOVEMBER 14, 2007.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting