THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
10/10/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on October 3, 2007
PROCLAMATION declaring October 15th – 19th as National Business Women’s Week in Douglas County.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order awarding contract and signing of contract with Lake Oswego Construction, in the amount of $81,270. Contract is for re-roofing of the Umpqua Lighthouse Museum/Shop. Bids were opened on September 26, 2007.
1. One year extension of the antenna site contract with the FBI on Roman Nose. The FBI will pay the county $1,080 per month.
2. Revocable license with Southwest Oregon Television Inc., KPIC TV. This grants permission to KPIC to use space in the county buildings at the Myrtle Creek, Canyon Mountain and Canyonville (Glendale) radio sites, as well as tower space at the Canyon Mountain radio site. The license is effective until terminated by either party. There is no cost for the license agreement.
1. One year extension of contract with I-5 Auctions for auctioneering services. Auctioneer receives a percentage of the revenue from sale of the surplus property.
1. Precommercial thinning contract with Sierra Grande Reforestation, Inc., for thinning work on 94 acres of county owned property in the Reedsport area. Bid price is $95.50 per acre.
2. Satisfaction of Mortgage with Donna Danille Hall Peckham relative to a reforestation loan from the county’s Woodland Assistance Program. The loan is being paid, and the county’s lien is now being removed from the property.
1. Authorization to enter into a land lease agreement with the Oregon Division of State Lands for a 3.56 acre parcel of land that borders the county owned crab dock in Winchester Bay. The lease would allow the Park Department to place a vault toilet on the property and maintain the grounds for recreational use. The application fee is $250.
2. Extension of contract with Neatlline Construction in order to complete Phase I of the Chief Miwaleta Campground. Extends contract to October 31, 2007.
3. Lease agreement with Mary A. Bunch Williams to allow the county and members of the public to use property, known as “Bunch Bar” located on Highway 138, for recreational purposes and as rest area. The yearly rent is $500.
1. Contract Change Order No. 1 with LTM, Inc., in the amount of $58,365 for rehabilitation of Newton Creek Road from MP 0.02 to MP 1.22.
1. Budget modification for grant #CO5006 for construction of the Martha Young Center for UCAN. The budget changes from $2,168,517 to $1,917,994 due to initial errors that were made in transferring the budget from the application.
2. Order appointing the following pool of board members who may be selected by the County Clerk to serve on the Board of Property Tax Appeals for the 2007- 2008 tax year: Robert Whipple, David Leander, Gregory Johnson, Georgia Stiles, Frank Elst, Jr., and Rick Poland.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on October 17, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting