THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
10/4/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting of September 27, 2006, to be approved.
ASSESSMENT AND TAXATION
1. Order refunding taxes to William A and Edith M. Shepard, Trs. (Shepard Living Trust) in the amount of $1,071.44.
1. Award of Bid #926 to Northwest Volvo Trucks, Inc. for one (1) new four axle transport truck for the Solid Waste Department.
2. Award of Bid #930 to Hansen Chevrolet for two (2) new ¾ ton heavy duty four wheel drive pickups with short wide box and crew cab for Sheriff’s Office.
1. Contract modification with Edge Wireless for wireless data hosting services and wireless phone communications for County information systems. This will extend the data services portion only of the contract for an additional two years in exchange for Edge providing air card hardware at no charge.
1. Amended resolution to relinquish title of property to the City of Drain. This parcel was acquired through property tax foreclosure and will be used for a public purpose by the City of Drain.
2. Antenna site lease agreement and memorandum of antenna site lease agreement with Verizon Wireless. Verizon will develop a cell tower site on County property near Winchester Bay and will pay the County $18,000 per year.
1. Modification of Diamond N Construction to include the addition of a piece of equipment used which was not identified in the original contract.
1. Cooperative improvement agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation for Oregon 42: Quiet Mountain Road – Benedict Road Resurfacing Project.
2. Agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation for Weaver Road Extension and Bridge Project.
1. Order appointing Steve Miller, Candace Hissong and Trissie Penland as Drain Justice of the Peace Pro Tempore for the time period of October 1, 2006 through September 30, 2007.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on October 11, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting