THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
10/03/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on September 26, 2007
1. Bid Opening #947 for Windy Cove A Restroom Re-roof Renovation.
Diane Pietrzak, volunteer Coordinator of the Douglas County Heart Gallery of Oregon Steering Committee, will give a brief presentation on behalf of the Heart Gallery of Oregon, a non-profit organization. There will be a slide show with music. The Heart Gallery is a traveling photographic exhibit that will be displayed in the Courthouse breezeway from October 8th through October 12th. The exhibit will feature images capturing the spirit and personality of foster children needing permanent homes.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Agreement with Sparling Engineering in the amount of $2,000 per month for technical support of the radio system.
1. Contract replacement with Douglas Fastnet to provide service for communications transport services. This new agreement with Douglas Fastnet will enhance the current service and replace a more expensive service currently with the State of Oregon. Net annual cost savings will be $12,936.
2. First extension of contract with Edge Wireless to provide service for wireless voice communications.
3. Contract amendment with Tiburon for two licenses to be paid for and used by the US Forest Service. $1,000 fixed cost of licenses + $60 per year maintenance.
1. Order awarding Bid #946 to Western Bus Sales for the purchase of three new 21 or 17+2 passenger buses. Grant funding from ODOT Grant #24275 covers $223,352; County match is $25,564.
1. Hearing for adoption of amendments of supplemental findings to the City of Sutherlin plan and zoning maps for the purpose of the previous urban growth boundary expansion (Fordís Pond). Ordinance No. 2007-09-02.
2. Order accepting a warranty deed for the dedication of roads in conjunction with Rosewood Estates Phase 7. Planning Department File No. 03-205.
3. Order appointing Leonard Sawyer as a member to the Cow Creek Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire August 4, 2010.
4. Order appointing Gerald Briggs as a member to the Sough Umpqua Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire September 8, 2010.
5. Order appointing Carol Beckley as a member to the Elk Creek Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire September 8, 2010.
1. Public hearing concerning the matter of landfill closed-day-access permit fees and construction and demolition waste fees. Revenue will be $60 per ton for construction and demolition.
2. First reading of ordinance to repeal the ordinance establishing the Glide Sewer Advisory Panel since the Glide-Idleyld Sanitary district has been formed and the board has been elected. The Board may vote on this ordinance at the completion of the second hearing on October 17, 2007.
1. Amendment for fiscal year 07/09 to the June 22, 2000 Fiscal and Administrative Services Agreement between Coos, Curry and Douglas Counties and CCD.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on October 10, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting