THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
1/4/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board meeting of December 28, 2005 to be approved.
ELECTION of Chairman of the Board of Commissioners for 2006.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Extensions of Agreements with Reedsport, North Douglas, and Glendale School Districts for mental health services. Terms of contracts will be extended to June 30, 2006.
2. Agreement between Douglas County Mental Health Division and Yoncalla School District for mental health services. Term of agreement is July 1, 2005 through June 30, 2006.
1. Modification of Contract with Credit Services of Oregon, Inc., and Credit Services Northwest to adjust price schedule effective January 1, 2006. Original agreement signed, January 2003.
2. Extension Number One and Modification of Contract with Willis of Eugene, Inc. for Insurance Agent Services for Employee Benefit Insurance. Original Contract signed March 2, 2005, and provides for three one-year extensions.
1. Order Setting Hearing Date and Notice of a Public Hearing for Annexation of property to the Green Sanitary District (Chief Petitioner: Shaw). The petition has qualified under ORS 198.855(3), and annexation petition is signed by 100% of the owners of all the land in the territory proposed to be annexed. There are no known objectors at this time. The hearing date can be set for February 8, 2006.
2. Order Setting Hearing Date and Notice of a Public Hearing for Annexation of property to the Douglas County Fire District #2 (Chief Petitioner: Lefevre). The petition has qualified under ORS 198.855(3), and has the signatures of all the owners of land in the territory proposed to be annexed. There are no known objectors at this time. The hearing date can be set for February 8, 2006.
3. Order Setting Hearing Date and Notice of a Public Hearing for Annexation of property to the Oakland Rural Fire District (Chief Petitioner: Van Dehey). The petition has qualified under ORS 198.857, and has the signatures of 100% of the property owners of the single parcel of land proposed to be annexed. There are no known objectors at this time. The hearing date can be set for February 8, 2006.
4. Order approving a contract and agreement whereby a grant funded by FEMA / OEM to Douglas County is passed on to the Roseburg School District for seismic retrofit of the Commons Building at Roseburg High School. The total grant is $975,350.
1. Amendment Number Two to Intergovernmental Agreement Number 670 with the Oregon Department of Transportation for College Road, Shady Section Oakland to change a boundary description.
1. Order reappointing Helga Conrad, Shawn Ballard, Bruce Cronk, Amber Johnson, Wes Melo, Colleen Puryear, and Sid Wells to the Douglas County Regional Workforce Committee. Terms to expire on December 31, 2007.
2. Order reappointing Shirley Lindell, Isaac Barner, and Lynne Diltz to the Douglas County Historic Resource Review Committee. Terms to expire on December 23, 2009.
3. Order reappointing James Mitchell to the Springbrook Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire on December 31, 2008.
4. Order reappointing Christina Hale to the Humprey Addition Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire on December 31, 2008.
5. Order reappointing Ron Hicks to the Roaring Camp Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire on December 31, 2008.
6. Order appointing John Kittelman and Ernie Wheeler to the Elk Creek Watershed Council. Terms to expire on March 1, 2007.
7. Order reappointing Walter Heaton, James Mast, Joe Coons, and Carl Cox to the Elk Creek Watershed Council. Term to expire March 1, 2007.
8. Order appointing Barbara Wheeler to the Elk Creek Watershed Council. Term to expire March 1, 2006.
9. Order changing the name of the Umpqua Basin Watershed Council to Partnership for the Umpqua River.
10. Presentation by RWIB Chair, Colleen Puryear, of the 2004 RWIB report
NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on January 11, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting