THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
1/25/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board meeting of January 18, 2006 to be approved.
1. Bid Opening #914 for one (1) new one ton standard cab, 2 WD cab/ chassis w/dual rear wheels. (Fleet Services)
2. Bid Opening #915 for one (1) new tandem drive solid waste roll-off container truck and trailer. (Fleet Services)
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Resolution approving the Douglas County Comprehensive Plan Update (Phase III) for the 2005-07 Biennium. The Douglas County Comprehensive Plan addresses the strengths, needs, and assets of all children, families and communities including those at highest risk. Oregon Administrative Rules require counties to conduct a biennial update of their coordinated comprehensive plans for children and families. The update, along with additional tracking and reporting on outcomes, completes the phase-in of Senate Bill 555 (1999).
1. Order awarding contract to Power Chevrolet in the amount of $37,935 for Bid #916 - which was opened at a regularly scheduled Board of Commissioner meeting on January 18, 2006 - for one new 17,500# GVWR, four-wheel drive, dual rear wheel, crew cab, cab/chassis with 60” cab to axle.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. This is the annual pre-book order for 2006/2007 purchase of Flu Vaccine. Vaccine must be pre-booked by January 31, 2006, for delivery in the Fall of 2006. Douglas County is authorized to purchase from the Washington State Price Agreement through a reciprocal purchasing agreement with the Oregon Cooperative Purchasing Program. Purchase is exempt from competitive procurement per LCRB 4.24. Total purchase $58,074.61.
2. Order reappointing Mike Fieldman and Doris McGahuey as members to the Douglas County Mental Health Advisory Committee. Terms to expire on January 31, 2009.
1. Real Estate Option and Order Accepting Deed from Debora M. Steensland for the acquisition of right away to be used for the widening and realignment of Bilger Creek Road #103. Consideration is $6,575 plus closing costs.
1. Hearing for Annexation of Property and Order Incorporating Territory to the Oakland Rural Fire District by Chief Petitioner: Banducci. This was presented to the Board of Commissioners on December 21, 2005, where the Notice of a Public Hearing and Order setting a Hearing Date was signed. This petition has qualified under ORS 198.857, having the signatures of 100% of the property owners of the single parcel of land proposed to be annexed. There are no known objectors at this time. This is the final hearing.
2. Hearing for Annexation of Property and Order Incorporating Territory to the Riddle Rural Fire District by Chief Petitioner: Dawson. This was presented to the Board of Commissioners on December 21, 2005, where the Notice of a Public Hearing and Order Setting a Hearing Date was signed. This petition has qualified under ORS 198.855(3), having the signatures of 100% of the property owners of the single parcel of land proposed to be annexed. There are no known objectors at this time. This is the final hearing.
3. Hearing for Annexation of Property to the Lookingglass Rural Fire District by Chief Petitioner: Haggenmiller-Smith. This was presented to the Board of Commissioners on December 21, 2005, where the Notice of Public Hearing and Order Setting a Hearing Date was signed. The petition has qualified under ORS 198-755(2)(a)(b). There are no known objectors at this time. This is the final hearing.
1. Change of Order No. 1 with OTAK, Inc. in the amount of $13,486.00 for additional subsurface investigating required for the Diamond Creek Bridge replacement – engineering design services.
2. Preliminary order approving vacation of property without hearing for a portion of Walter Court, County Road No. 217B. Petitioners: John R. Weaver, Herman F and Susan L. Ziebarth.
3. Order accepting easement from LeRoy and Lisa Sheldon for connection to the Glide-Idleyld Par sewer system.
1. This Contract is a result of an acceptance to a proposal submitted by Day Wireless Systems in response to RFP #912, dated November 8, 2005, for construction of the tsunami siren warning system. Amount of Contract is $167,335.
1. Order reappointing William E. Watkins as a member to the Glide-Idleyld Sewerage System Panel. Term to expire February 1, 2010.
2. Order reappointing Ron Doan, Margie Earhart, Lynn Herbert, and Joe Mongiovi as members to the Douglas County Industrial Development Board.
3. Proclamation declaring that February 22, 2006, be declared Fleet Reserve Association day in Douglas County, Oregon.
NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on February 1, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting