THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
Dan Van Slyke
1/18/2006 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board meeting of January 11, 2006 to be approved.
1. Bid Opening #916 for One (1) new 17,500 pound GVWR, 4-wheel drive, dual rear wheel, crew cab, cab / chassis with 60 inch cab to axle. (Fleet Services)
1. Order Awarding Contract for RFP #911 for the Fire Alarm System to Simplex. Four proposals were received on December 29, 2005. Base bid is $114,350.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Order appointing Debra J. Rutter, Fawn Shilts, Tom McInerney, Ken McGinnis, Robert L. Jackson, Joanne Acord, Sherril L. Wells, and Patti Lovemark as members to the Developmental Disabilities Advisory Council. Terms to expire on December 31, 2009.
1. Under the Delegation of Authority Order, dated June 25, 1997, a periodic report on Delegated Responsibilities is required. The scheduling of this agenda item will provide for an opportunity to report on actions taken in administration of the County’s program on behalf of the Board of Commissioners during the Fourth Quarter of 2005. During this reporting period, there have been fourteen (14) final Zone Change Orders, one (1) Easement Amendment, eleven (11) Waivers of Objection to Assessment and fourteen (14) corrections to the Zoning Atlas.
2. Hearing for adoption by resolution of Douglas County’s Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) Phase 2 to implement the Healthy Forest Restoration Act of 2003. The CWPP Phase 2 is a collaborative project with the US Forest Service, The Bureau of Land Management, Douglas County Planning and Emergency Management, and the Douglas Forest Protective Association.
1. Order accepting completion of a contract for asphalt overlay of various streets in the Tri-City area. The contract has been competed and all requirements have been met. (Roseburg Paving Company, $108,547.10)
2. Award of Tailgate purchase for Lane County Bid FY05/06, FS-07 for two (2) new 12-14 Cubic Yard Dump Trucks in the amount of $256,972 to Farwest Truck Center.
1. This is a grant to fund a NOAA Weather Radio in Winchester Bay / Reedsport / Gardiner areas. Grant monies: $50,000
2. Wayne Stinson will give a report on FEMA.
NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on January 25, 2006, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Board of Commissioners' Office.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting