THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
09/26/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on September 19, 2007
1. Bid Opening #948 for the Umpqua Lighthouse Museum and Shop Roof Project.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Orders refunding taxes to:
* William and Judith Rodriquez in the amount of $357.77, and;
* North Slope Limited Partnership in the amount of $20,529.95.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Intergovernmental Grant Agreement #24021 with ODOT for the Special Transportation Funds Formula Program for transportation by Umpqua Transit for Fiscal Year 07/08 services to the elderly and people with disabilities. $176,124
2. Intergovernmental Grant Agreement #24236 with Oregon Department of Transportation to Umpqua Transit for a project to develop a regional marketing and communication brand that will enable community members to recognize public transit services in the region. The brand will be used on signage and in other advertising media. $26,919
1. Second extension of original contract with Best Tel, LLC for telephone system services as a result of an RFP.
1. Legal Services Contract for public defender services for Glendale Justice, Drain Justice and Canyonville Justice Courts.
2. Order appointing Steve Miller, Cadace Hissong and Trissie Penland as Drain District Justice of the Peace Pro Tempore for the time period of October 1, 2007 through September 30, 2008.
1. Real Estate Option and Order to accept deed from Michael Lopera for the acquisition of right-of-way for culvert replacement on Joelson Road #81. Consideration is $1,050.
2. Real Estate Option and Order to accept deed from Pauletto Ranch LLC for the acquisition of right-of-way for culvert replacement on Joelson Road #91. Consideration is $200.
1. Deliberation and Decision: David M. Thomas request for a Reasons Exception to allow a private boarding school in Umpqua.
2. Correction to Land Use Fee Schedule.
1. Order Accepting Completion of Contract with Hanson Pipe & Pre-cast in the amount of $182,300 for the purchase of pre-cast concrete arch culverts. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
2. Contract with Neatline Construction, LLC in the amount of $27,420 for installation of power conduit and vaults at non-profit campus.
1. Amendment to existing agreement with BLM for two deputies. Funding increased to $315,000
2. Housing Agreement with the City of Roseburg to provide inmate housing at $55 per inmate day.
3. Housing Agreement with the City of Winston to provide inmate housing at $55 per inmate day.
1. Order appointing Robin Illers as a member to the Special Transportation Advisory Committee. Term to expire June 30, 2008.
2. Order appointing Lonnie Rainville as a member to the Douglas County Regional Workforce Investment Board. Term to expire July 31, 2009.
3. Order appointing VeeAnn Ambers as a member to the Developmental Disabilities Advisory Council. Term to expire October 1, 2009.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on October 3, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting