THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
09/19/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on September 5, 2007
1. Bid Opening #946 for the purchase of three (3) new 21 or 17+2 passenger buses.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order refunding taxes to Randall Stevens in the amount of $484.12.
1. Grant Agreement No. 909015 with the Oregon Secretary of State, Election’s Division, to recoup part of the money spent for voting machines.
2. Contract No. 21641 with Helion Client Software in the amount of $15,193 for the Clerk’s recording support and maintenance.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Amendment No. 1 between the Oregon Commission on Children and Families and Douglas County. This amendment reflects the 2007-09 biennium allocations for Douglas County. Total amount received will amount to $1,950,558.
1. Renewal Contract for the Sportsman Show Promoter for provision of solicitation / selling of exhibit space; on-site supervision of show logistics; implementation of all program elements necessary to stage an event; and provision of proper documentation to support the above. Contractor will be paid the sum of 50% of net show receipts and sponsorships, excluding all food and beverage revenues after deduction of shared expenses.
2. Contract with BMGP Engineers, Inc. for repair of roof in Douglas Hall. Contract not to exceed $50,000
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Board Order delegating Peggy Kennerly the authority to enter into Intergovernmental Agreement No. 119930 for 2007-09 with Oregon State Department of Human Services for financing of community mental health, developmental disabilities and addiction services and its amendments.
2. Contract with Netsmart Technologies in the amount of $3,770 per month for software maintenance and support of CMHC software.
3. Contract with Jefferson Behavioral Health (JBH) in conjunction with the Community Mental Health Program for the provision by County of covered services to Oregon Health Plan (OHP) clients. JBH will prospectively pay County for OHP services by a sub-capitated payment.
1. Satisfaction of Mortgage with Wilcox Family Farm, LLC for a reforestation loan from the County’s Woodlands Assistance Program. Loan has been paid in full and the County’s lien is now being removed from the Wilcox family farm property.
2. Bargain and Sale Deed to Kent L. Wallace and Sherian L. Wallace for three lots located off of Grant Avenue in Roseburg. These lots were acquired through property tax foreclosure in February 2007, and are begin sold back to the previous owners. Consideration of $4,500 has been paid in full.
3. Memorandum of Understanding between Douglas County and Oregon Department of Forestry for the County’s Woodlands Assistance Forester position.
4. Timber Sale Contract with Ken Hale Trucking for Douglas County’s 2007 Salvage Timber Sale #275. Sale includes approximately 16,000 board feet of timber located east of Yoncalla. Lump sum bid price is $2,275.
5. Intergovernmental Agreement for Melrose School Parking Management between Douglas County and Roseburg School District. This affects a County owned parcel adjacent to Melrose School that will be deeded to a school district for use as a parking area. District will pay the County $5,000 and will convey road right-of-way and easement to the County.
1. The Park Department is seeking authorization to apply for a $90,000 grant through the County Opportunity Grant Program. Matching grant funds would be used to provide water, sewer, and electrical service to the camping sites in Chief Miwaleta Campground. One grant has already been awarded for the project and the County has budgeted funds for the project.
1. Order to decline review in the matter of appeal of the Planning Commission decision affirming the Planning Director’s tentative approval of the Fullerton and Lefevre request for a land partition along the City of Winston Urban Growth Boundary Line on Pepsi Road. Planning Department File No. 07-058.
2. Order appointing Carolyn Ireland as a member to the Committee for Citizen Involvement. Term to expire September 19, 2010.
3. Order appointing Sherry L. Andrews as a member to the Callahan Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire September 19, 2010.
1. Amended order granting vacation of property upon performance or fulfillment of conditions for a portion of dedicated public road in Plat “B”, Roseburg Home Orchard tracts. Petitioners: Shyamal K. and Bandana Maitra, Kay C. and Marilyn J. Bjornson, and Shirley C. Purcell.
2. Fourth extension of Contract No. 18753 with Universal Field Services, Inc. for coordination of acquisition of real property.
3. Contract with OBEC Consulting Engineers for flexible engineering services. Standard not to exceed $50,000.
4. Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Roseburg for engineering services. Revenue – not to exceed $50,000 – as needed basis.
5. Modification of Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Drain for sewer lines. Revenue – amount revised to $38,600.
1. Third extension of intergovernmental agreement with the City of Sutherlin for housing of jail inmates at $55 per prisoner day.
2. Third extension of intergovernmental agreement with the City of Oakland for housing of jail inmates at $55 per prisoner day.
3. Fourth extension of Contract No. 19180 with Quest diagnostics to perform blood tests for corrections medical. Contract not to exceed $25,000.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on September 26, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting