THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
8/22/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on August 15, 2007
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
HEALTH & SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Winston for transit services, whereby the city will contribute $20,000 to Umpqua Transit’s transportation operations in and around the Winston area.
2. Contract with Tracy DePew, in the amount of $33,637.50, to serve as the Regional Lead Agency’s Hospital Preparedness Plan Coordinator.
3. Interagency agreement for FY 07-08 between the Mental Health Division and Douglas ESD. The Mental Health Division provides core mental health services to students in the Camas Valley, Riddle, Roseburg and Glide schools. Reimbursement shall not exceed $190,550.
4. Contract with Options for Southern Oregon, Inc., with the Mental Health Division. The county will receive up to $43,558 in Josephine County’s IGA A&D 60, A&D Special Projects, for delivery of A&D services to children 0-8 years of age who are at high risk of developing emotional and/or behavioral problems due to the addiction and mental disorders of their parents.
1. Road Use Permit with Fruit Growers Supply Company. This allows the county to cross property owned by Fruit Growers Supply Company to access the county’s London Springs property to remove timber blowdown. The permit will expire October 15, 2007.
1. Order to decline review in the matter of an appeal of the Planning Commission decision approving a land partition by Dan and Dick Langdon, based on a Measure 37 Claim Waiver.
1. Order reappointing Paul Santos to the Douglas County Farm Board of Review. Term expires June 30, 2009.
2. Order reappointing the following members to various terms on the Partnership for the Umpqua Rivers Council: Stanley Petrowski, Mark Kincaid, William Rice, Blair Nash and Rich Grost.
3. Bargain and Sale Deed and First Amendment to Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions for the Douglas County Nonprofit Campus to Umpqua Community Development Corporation and Umpqua Homes for the Handicapped. This is for the new brain trauma rehabilitation residential facility to be located at the Nonprofit Campus.
OFF AGENDA ITEM
1. Order to decline review in the matter of an appeal of the Planning Commission decision approving a boundary line adjustment and conditional use permit for a hunting preserve. Applicant is Jody Smith.
2. Agreement with Charter Communications for operations in Douglas County.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on August 29, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon. There will be no Board Meeting on September 12, 2007.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting