THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
08/20/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on August 13, 2008.
BID OPENING: Public Works
1. Slide repair M.P. 18.75 Old Highway 99 South, Douglas County
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Contract with R.E. Noah & Co in the amount of $177,966 for Douglas Hall Truss Repair.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Contract with the City of Reedsport in the amount of $9,624 (pass through funds for operational costs) to provide transportation services to seniors and people with disabilities.
PARK AND FACILITIES
1. Memo of Understanding with the BLM regarding a five year license agreement to provide recreation at E-mile Park.
1. MCI Equipment Grant for County Mass Casualty Incident Equipment Cache in the amount of $10,000 paid to Douglas County. This grant will be used to purchase equipment such as backboards, bandages and other equipment that would be required when multiple patients are involved.
1. Discussion pertaining to the reappointment of four members to the Douglas County Commission on Children and Families.
2. Discussion pertaining to the reappointment of one member to the Douglas County Dog Control Board.
3. CCD: Agreement for Release for Funds to the Partnership Development and Marketing of Certified Industrial Sites (UEDP) in the amount of $20,000.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
WORKSHOP to discuss the progress of Costco Wholesale Corporation locating on N.E. Stephens.
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held August 27, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting