THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
08/13/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on August 6, 2008.
BID OPENING: Fleet Bid #959
1. One (1) new walking floor refuse transfer trailer.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order setting hearing and directing publication of notice of hearing in the matter of the dissolution of the Rice Hill Sanitary District. The hearing is being set for September 10, 2008.
1. Assignment from Gregory Gene Fox to Fox Tree Farm, LLC. Mr. Fox entered into a loan from the County’s Woodlands Assistance Program in 2006. He has changed the title on his property and this assignment puts the County’s loan into the same name as the property.
2. Resolution regarding the sale of property near Susan Creek to BLM and a Warranty Deed from Douglas County to The United States of America for the property. Consideration is $500,000.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Designation of a newspaper for the publication of the 2008 Douglas County Tax Foreclosure List.
2. Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Oregon for printing and mailing tax statements. Estimated cost is between $32,000 - $35,0000 for approximately 75,000 tax statements.
1. Intergovernmental Agreement for improvement of local access road – Darley Drive Special Road District.
1. Extension of contract with Southwestern Oregon Repeater Association (SWORA) for NOAA Weather Radio transmitter in the amount of $1,100 for coastal section of Douglas County. This will enhance the tsunami warning system as well as general weather or other natural disaster warnings to our coastal area. The NWS has taken longer than anticipated to set up an agreement with SWORA. NWS will be reimbursing us the cost.
1. Industrial Development Board: Sutherlin Family church has requested permission to use a parcel of land in the Sutherlin Industrial Park from which to store, split and distribute firewood to members of the community having a need for assistant with heating. The IDB voted to recommend that the Board of Commissioners allow the use subject to the county’s right to terminate on 15 days notice. This agreement sets forth the terms and condition of use. Sutherlin Family Church will pay no fee for the use of the property.
2. Extension and modification of Contract with Sandra Jackson dba Jackson Consulting for grant writing and coordination services on an as needed basis in the amount of $80 per hour / contract not to exceed $25,000.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held August 20, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting