THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
08/06/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on July 30, 2008.
HEARING: Planning - ORS 198.855(3)
1. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2. Chief petitioner: Stepp-Leonardo. The vacant property is zoned R1 on 0.29 acres, and is located northeast of Roseburg off Oak Valley Loop. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the only hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
HEARING: Sheriff – Ordinance No. 2008-07-01
1. Second Reading for hearing on an ordinance amending Title 6 of the Douglas County Code concerning dog control and the spay and neuter program. Most changes are technical in nature, except for fee increases.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order awarding contract from Bid #957 to R. E. Noah and Co. in the amount of $177,966 for the Douglas Hall Truss Repair.
1. Satisfaction of Mortgage relative to a reforestation loan from the County’s Woodlands Assistance Program to William S. Hillman and Mary W. Hillman. Loan has been paid in full. Recorder’s No. 99-22114
2. Timber Sale Contract with Western Oregon Forest Management, Inc. for Lookingglass Transfer Site Commercial Thinning Timber Sale #280. Approximate value of sale is $2,200.
3. Timber Sale Contract with Western Oregon Forest Management, Inc. for Canyonville Transfer Site Commercial Thinning Timber Sale #279. Approximate value of sale is $4,400.
4. Bargain and Sale Deed to Umpqua Community Development Corporation for a property located on Cook Street in Tri-City. This property was acquired through tax foreclosure and is being sold to UCDC for use for low income housing. Consideration is $10,836.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Contract with ADAPT 2145 Agreement for pass through funds between $80,000 and $90,000 for early intervention, prevention, and treatment services for alcohol and drug abuse.
1. Contract with Peterson Machinery in the amount of $385,358.00 for 836G Landfill Compactor Rebuild. Repairs to be performed by a Sole Source provider and exempt per LCRB 4.5.
2. Order authorizing purchase of set of four new Caron wheels for Landfill Compactor in the amount of $111,072.00. Purchase is a sole source procurement and exempt for competitive procurement per LCRB 4.5.
3. Joint Funding Agreement with the US Department of the Interior, US Geological Survey in the amount of $133,820 for water resources investigations.
1. CCD Business Development Corporation: Agreement for release of funds to Douglas County in the amount of $20,000 for the Hoover Treated Wood Products Waterline and Job Creation Project.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held August 13, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting