THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
8/1/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for July 25, 2007
Joseph Coyne, representing the Winchester Bay Merchants Association, will make a presentation to the Board of Commissioners as recognition of the Boardís support of the Lighthouse Museum in Winchester Bay and support for Coastal Douglas County.
Mary Newman, Director of Veteranís Affairs will present medals to veterans.
1. Agreement with Winston Dillard Fire District for communications services in the amount of $17,412.61 which will be paid to the County.
2. Modification and extension of lease agreement with BLM for the Tiller Communications Site in the amount of $2,256.81 paid to the County the first year with an annual increase of 2% each additional year for a period of five years.
1. Hearing and First Reading of Ordinance 2007-07-02 amending Chapters 12.12.120 and 12.12.140 of the Douglas County Code relating to the discount on camping fees to County residents. The second hearing and reading will be on August 15, 2007.
1. Delegation of Authority report for the Second Quarter of 2007 will be presented by Keith Cubic, Director of the Planning Department.
1. Awarding of Grant Agreements (a combined total amount of $474,200) for city streets and bridge improvements for the following cities: Canyonville, Drain, Elkton, Glendale, Myrtle Creek, Oakland, Reedsport, Riddle, Roseburg, Sutherlin, Winston, and Yoncalla.
2. Contract Change Order with OBEC Consulting Engineers in the amount of $169,586 for increase of construction engineering services on the Myrtle Creek Arch Bridge rehabilitation.
3. Order restricting the weight of vehicles crossing Neal Lane Covered Bridge No. 19C220.
4. Consultant services assignment No. 4 with Universal Field Services in the amount of $3,300 for coordinating appraisal of a 2 Ĺ acre parcel at the Sutherlin Industrial Park.
5. Discussion of Milltown Hill Dam.
1. Order reappointing Paul Utz as a member to the Hospital Facility Authority of Douglas County. Term to expire on April 21, 2010.
2. Order appointing Bob Ragon as a member to the Hospital Facility Authority of Douglas County. Term to expire on August 1, 2010.
3. Order appointing Donald Atchison as a member to the Terrace Drive and Upper Terrace Lane Special Road District Board of Directors. Term will run through December 31, 2009.
4. Order reappointing Rosanna Hicks as a member to the Roaring Camp Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2009.
5. Order appointing Mike Winters and Bonnie Dauterman as members to the Douglas County Mental Health Advisory Committee. Terms to expire January 31, 2010.
6. Order reappointing Steve Darling and Paulen Wrigley as members to the Douglas County Local Alcohol and Drug Planning Committee (LADPC). Terms to expire March 1, 2010.
7. Order appointing Peggy Mark as a member to the Developmental Disabilities Advisory Council. Term to expire December 31, 2009.
8. Order appointing Donna Train as an ex-officio member to the Douglas County Industrial Development Board.
9. Order appointing Patsy Smith as a member to the upper Cleveland Rapids Road District. Term to expire December 31, 2009.
10. Hearing: Second Reading on Ordinance 2007-07-01 Amending Chapter 2.04.040 of the Douglas County Code.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on August 8, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting