THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
07/30/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on July 23, 2008.
The Douglas County Board of Commissioners proclaim August 10-16, 2008 as Community
Health Center Week in Douglas County.
HEARING: Planning ORS 198.855(3)
1. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Glide Rural Fire District. The properties are zoned 5R with homes on 4.80 and 5.20 acres respectively, and are located east of Roseburg off Echo Drive and North Bank Road. Chief Petitioner is Fullerton-Poreda. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the only hearing for annexation of this property. No other hearings are necessary.
HEARINGS: Public Works
1. Hearing concerning rate modifications for the solid waste and recycling collection franchise for Glide Disposal.
2. Hearing concerning rate modifications for the solid waste and recycling collection franchise for North Douglas Sanitary Service.
3. Hearing concerning rate modifications for the solid waste and recycling collection franchise for Winston Sanitary Service.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $338.58 to Timothy J. Porter.
2. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $10,623.53 to Chapman & Chapman Investments.
1. Second Extension of Contract #22871 with Ryder Elections Services in the amount not to exceed $145,000 for ballot printing services.
2. Order regarding dissolution of Rice Hill Sanitary District. Rice Hill Sanitary district has not had a Board of Directors since June 30, 2007, and has not had any directors elected in the last two elections. This order directs the Office of County Counsel to investigate the existence of assets and proceed with the steps necessary to dissolve the district.
1. Contract for award of RFP to Umpqua Community Action Network for operation of Public and Para-transit Transportation. County contribution is $66,035.00. Balance pass through STF, grant and local contribution funds.
1. Order accepting irrevocable offer to sell property with waiver of objection to assessment to facilitate the improvement of Roscoe Street. Property Owner: Pacific Manufacturing Corporation. Planning Department File Number 08-061.
1. Deed for conveyance of surplus property from Oregon Department of Transportation at the intersection of Stephens and Edenbower.
1. Contract with the City of Oakland for housing fees in the amount of $60 per day per inmate kept in the Douglas County Jail.
1. Discussion pertaining to three vacancies on the Woodlands Advisory Board. Positions were advertised and three applications were received.
2. Proposal: Columbia Southern University’s Academic Learning Partnership Program
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held August 6, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting