THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
7/25/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for July 18, 2007
The Roseburg Optimist Club will be honoring law enforcement officers from Douglas County on July 27, 2007, as the Optimist Respect for Law Day.
1. Modification and extension of Contract #21688 with Umpqua Sheet Metal, Inc. to provide HVAC repair/ sheet metal services as needed. Contract is increased from $25,000 to $50,000.
2. Extension of Contract #19987 with Trane Oregon to provide chiller maintenance to the chiller at the Douglas County Courthouse.
1. Hearing: This is the second reading of Ordinance # 2007-05-01 amending Section 3.12 of the Douglas County Code concerning increase of fees not reflected in the State statute for services provided by the County Clerk.
2. Contract #22871 for printing all of the Douglas County Ballots. Maximum about $145,000. Exempt per LCRB 3.22 (ballot printing services).
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Intergovernmental Agreement with the Oregon Commission on Children and Families for the 2007-09 biennium.
2. Intergovernmental Agreement with the Oregon Commissioner on Children and Families for the 2007-09 Healthy Start Medicaid Administrative Activities.
1. Modification to Antenna Site License Agreement with the FBI on Roman Nose.
1. Resolution in the matter of the acquisition of real property for culvert replacement under Joelson Road #81, Douglas County, Oregon
1. Local Agency Agreement with the Department of Transportation for Highway Bridge Program Project – North Umpqua River (County Road No. 6)
2. Contract with LTM, Inc., in the amount of $394,970 for rehabilitation of Newton Creek Road Milepost 0.02 to 1.22 County Road No. 84.
3. Property Exchange with Oregon Department of Transportation for right-of-way on Diamond Lake Blvd. at the County Shop.
4. Mutual Agreement and Order with the Department of Environmental Quality for Roseburg Landfill Leachate Treatment System.
5. Second Modification to Joint Funding Agreement with the U. S. Department of the Interior, U. S. Geological Survey in the amount of $15,0000 for water resources investigations.
1. Agreement with Pacific Institute for research and evaluation for devoting up to 22 hours per month per 12 month contract period for enforcement and reporting of underage drinking. $15,000 reimbursement for County.
2. Contract with Southwestern Oregon Repeater Association for NOAA Weather Radio transmitter for the coastal section of Douglas County enhancement of tsunami warnings system as well as general weather or other natural disaster warnings to the coastal area. $100 per month rent.
3. Extension to contract for City of Riddle law enforcement services. $114,992.15.
1. Order reappointing the following members to the Regional Investment Board. Judy McClay, Richard Hayes, and Katie Stapleton. Terms to expire 6/30/09.
2. Order appointing Joseph Laurance as a member to the Regional Investment Board.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on August 1, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting