THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
07/23/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on July 9, 2008 and July 16, 2008.
The Douglas County Board of Commissioners proclaim July 25–26, 2008 as: The 16th Annual American Cancer Society’s “Relay for Life of Douglas County Weekend”.
1. Changes to the Animal Control Ordinance Title 6.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Amendment to contract with Paul Ellis dba Ellis Electric for consulting services caps the contract at $100,000 and extends the contract to June 30, 2009. Rate per hour is $50.
1. Bargain and Sale Deed to sell back property to Suzanne Sankey Malay. All payments have been made on this property.
1. Interagency Agreement with Umpqua Community Action Network (UCAN) for vehicle maintenance and repair services to be performed by Douglas County Fleet Service.
1. Grant Amendment from the Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians to give an additional $40,000 from their transportation fund to the Umpqua Transit for para-transit services.
1. Fifth Extension of Lease with ADAPT for a County owned property located on Court Street in Roseburg. Rent remains at $200 per month and lease is extended to July 31, 2009.
2. Contract with Western Helicopter Services, Inc. for aerial spraying on approximately 167 acres of County owned land. Bid price is $39.45 per acre and term is July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009.
PARKS AND FACILITIES
1. Public Facility License for Gardiner Boat Ramp. Oregon Division of Sate Lands manages all submersible lands in the State of Oregon; therefore Douglas County is required to renew the licensing agreement with the State Lands in order to manage and maintain the Gardiner Boat Ramp. This license is in effect for 15 years.
2. Third and Final Extension of Contract #19987 with Trane Oregon for Chiller Maintenance & Service for chillers located at the Courthouse and the Library in the amount of $25,760.
3. Contract with Neatline Construction LLC in the amount of $144,511 for Phase III Chief Miwaleta Campground Project.
4. Easement and contract with Pacific Power in the amount of $16,355 to provide electrical service to the Chief Miwaleta Campground
1. Keith Cubic, Planning Director, will give a delegation of authority report.
2. Remand Order: Great American Properties – LUBA remand to the Planning Commissioner of approval of a Plan Amendment Zone Change and Non-resource Determination on a 160 acre parcel on Melrose Road. Planning Department File No. 04-100.
1. Flexible Service Maintenance Agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation. Total financial obligation for both parties will not exceed $250,000 during the term of this agreement.
1. Contract with the United States Department of Agriculture in the amount of $25,000 to provide one part-time wildlife specialist to respond to damage situations within Douglas County involving predatory animals that threaten human health and safety, livestock and other property.
2. Contract with the United States Department of Agriculture in the amount of $136,500 to provide three full-time wildlife specialists to respond to damage situations within Douglas County involving predatory animals that threaten human health and safety, livestock and other property.
3. Extension of contract with James Olson, M.D., Medical Examiner, in the amount of $3,000 per month, to continue services to Sheriff’s Office as a board certified pathologist to act as the County Medical Examiner in accordance with provisions of ORS.
4. Contract with the Department of Revenue for collection services for inmate billing. Department of Revenue charges a 12% collection fee on all collected fees.
1. CCD Business Development Corp.: Regional Investment Fund Sub-grant with Hoover Treated Wood Products Inc. Contract is to pass through funds in the amount of $20,000 to Hoover Treated Wood Products Inc.
2. CCD Business Development Corp.: Regional Investment Fund Sub-grant with Umpqua Economic Development Partnership (UEPD). Contract is to pass through funds in the amount of $20,000 to UEPD.
3. Discussion pertaining to an appointment to the Douglas County Industrial Development Board for an ex-officio member vacancy that exists.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held July 30, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting. As part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt to provide public accessibility to services, programs and activities. If accommodation is needed to participate at this meeting, please contact the Board of Commissioner’s office at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting