THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
7/18/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for July 10, 2007
1. Orders refunding taxes to the following:
American Bridge Company in the amount of $2,807.67
National City Leasing Corp in the amount of $1,716.76
1. Modification of Contract #23367 with Derek Wiese Construction increasing the contract limit from $25,000 to $50,000.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Contract amendment with the CASA of Douglas County in the amount of $11,250 to administer the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program for Douglas County.
2. Contract with Family Development Center in the amount of $217,436 for services which will be provided for children and families.
3. Contract amendment with Options Counseling Services of Oregon, Inc. in the amount of $47,500 for administering the Multi-Systemic Therapy (MST) Program in Douglas County.
4. Contract with South Western Oregon Community Action Committee, Inc. in the amount of $13,798 for administering an after school program in Reedsport.
5. Contract with the Sutherlin School District in the amount of $13,798 for administering the summer after school program in Sutherlin.
6. Contract amendment with Umpqua Community Action Network in the amount of $4,500 for administering the WarmLine for Douglas County.
1. Agreement with North Douglas County Fire and EMS for communication services in the amount of $11,804.04, which is paid to the County.
2. Agreement with Sutherlin Fire and Ambulance for communication services in the amount of $20,218.36, which is paid to the County.
3. Agreement with MedCom Ambulance Authority for communication services in the amount of $57,076.32, which is paid to the County.
1. Modification to processes and procedures with Sutherlin Fire ASA for rate changes.
2. Allocation for the Special Transportation Formula Fund for Transit Services to the following:
Mercy Medical Center, $25,000; Senior Companion Program, $1,000; Seniors Escorting Seniors, $1,000; South Lane Wheels, $1,000; Umpqua Valley Disabilities, $10,000; and Umpqua Transit, $138,124.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. ING Application Form Group Annuity Contracts.
1. Intergovernmental agreement with the Oregon State University Extension Service for use of a portion of the Pitchford Section of River Forks Park as a horticulture education center.
2. Right of way for electrical easement to Central Lincoln PUD for Half Moon Bay Campground.
1. Intergovernmental agreement with the City of Roseburg for Fairhill Drive Water System. Revenue: city of Roseburg $91,725.
2. Orders vacating a portion of Water and Third Streets in Dillardís Station Sub-Division. (Petitioners: Clyde Andrew, Nick and Leslie Laurance, and Michael and Pamela Freed.)
3. Order accepting County Road No. 246-C Jensen Court.
4. Order accepting County Roads: Rolling Hills Road No. 366, Callahan Drive No. 375-J, Othello Avenue No. 375-N, Grayson Street No. 375-O, Cameron Avenue No. 288-A, Alyssa Court No. 288-B and Rowan Street No. 288-C.
1. Ninth extension to the Saving Grace, Inc. contract.
1. Order appointing Tom Manton as a member to the Salmon Habitat Advisory Committee. Term to expire January 30, 2009.
2. Order appointing John Davis as a member to the Humphrey Addition Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2007.
3. Draft Hotel RFP Discussion.
4. Hearing and First Reading of Ordinance 2007-07-01: An Ordinance Amending Chapter 2.04.040 of the Douglas County Code. The second hearing and reading will be on August 1, 2007.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meetings will be held on July 25, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting