THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
07/02/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on June 25, 2008.
Proclamation declaring the Month of July 2008 as Umpqua National Forest Centennial Month
HEARING: Planning ORS 198.855(3)
1. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2. The property is zoned R1 with a home on 0.41 acres, and is located northeast of Roseburg off North View Drive in the Taft Subdivision. Chief Petitioner: Gray. There are no known objectors at this time. No other hearings are necessary.
2. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District No.2. The vacant property is zoned R1 on 0.35 acres, and is located northeast of Roseburg off Gray Squirrel Court in the Winchester area. Chief Petitioner: O’Neil. There are no known objectors at this time. No other hearings are necessary.
3. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2. The vacant property is zoned FG on 15.06 acres, and is located west of Tyee on Hubbard Creek Road in the Umpqua area. Chief Petitioner: Patt-Henry. There are no known objectors at this time. No other hearings are necessary.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $331.90 to Norman E. and Martha J. Nelson.
2. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $2,160.29 to Chapman & Chapman Investments.
1. First Extension of Contract No. 24201 with BMGP Engineers, Inc. for provision of services.
1. Approval of Mental Health Specialists to serve as Mental Health Director’s Designees which allows those designees to direct a peace officer to take into custody a person the director or designee has probable cause to believe is dangerous to self or any other person and is in need of immediate care, custody and treatment for mental illness under ORS 426.233.
2. Lease in County’s Drain Annex for space to Patty Feola, physical therapist, in the amount of $300 per month paid to Public Health.
1. Board Order to decline review in the matter of appeal of the Planning Commission Decision approving a request by Jeff and Shelley Wells for a Conditional Use Permit to allow a home occupation (excavation business) on a 160.00 acre parcel located at the end of Hambrick Avenue, east of Sutherlin. Planning Department File No. 07-270.
2. Board Order to decline review in the matter of appeal of the Planning Commission Decision approving a request by 180 Jones LLC for a Comprehensive Plan Amendment from (RLD) Low Density Residential to (RHD) High Density Residential, and Zone Change from (RS) Suburban Residential to (R-2) Multiple Family Residential, on a 4± acre portion of an 8.18± acre parcel to allow development of up to 50 dwelling units on Lighthouse Road in the Winchester Bay UUA. Planning Department File No. 07-231.
1. Order accepting completion of contract with C2S Group, LLC in the amount of $191,355.91 for Fairhill Pump Station and waterline installation.
2. Order accepting deed from Albert C. Schattenkerk for the acquisition of real property in the NE1/4 of Section 29, Township 29 South, Range 8 west, W.M., Douglas County, Oregon.
3. Contract with LTM, Inc., in the amount of $139,468 for overlay of NE Stephens Road #388, MP 12.29 to 12.63, Douglas County, Oregon.
1. Modification to existing Forest Service Operating Plan to include Sheriff’s patrol of hydroelectric project areas on weekends and major holidays between May through the end of October in the amount of an additional $9,561 paid to Douglas County. Total contract not to exceed $50,561.
2. ATV Grant Program Agreement with Oregon Parks and Recreation to continue grant funds for ATV patrol on Oregon Dunes in the amount of $129,393.32 or 54.78% of total cost of project paid to Douglas County.
1. First modification of land sale agreement with Arlenda Property, LLC to adjust price on account of additional wetlands, correct legal description, and address the County’s responsibility for providing power to the property line. Payment for real property by buyer to County is $155,000. Real property contains a total of 2.58 acres, 0.81 acres of which is wetlands. County shall reimburse and pay buyer at closing $5,490 as County’s share of the cost of constructing and installing electrical service to the real property.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next scheduled Board meeting will be held July 9, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting