THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
6/20/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for June 13, 2007
1. FLEET: Bid Opening #943 for one (1) new ĺ ton heavy duty 4-wheel drive pickup with short wide box and crew cab.
1. Amendment to STF Grant to Umpqua Transit from the Cow Creek Band of Indians in the amount of $40,000 for transportation services.
2. PLAN: The Oregon Department of Transportation requires a coordinated public transit plan.
3. Order awarding contract for copy machine purchase and lease to upgrade / replace leased machines under expiring contract to National Photocopy Corporation.
4. Contract with National Photocopy Corporation to purchase four (4) and lease six (6) copy machines to upgrade / replace leased machines under expiring contract. Four year estimate which includes maintenance is $101,775.
1. Intergovernmental lease with Oregon Youth Authority for office space in the Courthouse. Term of lease is 7/1/07 through 6/30/12. Rent for the first year is $1,627.50, and will increase by 2% each year.
2. Real Estate Option and Order to Accept Deed from Juniper Properties Limited Partnership for the acquisition of right-of-way to be used for slide repair on Rice Valley Road #30. Consideration is $375.
3. Order to Accept Quitclaim Deed from the State of Oregon to clear a deed restriction from a property deeded to Douglas County in 1995. Property is the site of the former Susan Creek State Park. No consideration.
4. Contract for aerial spraying with Western Helicopter Services, Inc. for spraying on approximately 200 acres of County owned land. Bid price is $37.80 per acre.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Board Order adjusting appropriations for the 2006-07 fiscal year in the General Fund, the Health and Social Services Fund, the County Fair Board Fund and the County Forest Management Fund.
2. Board Order adjusting the 2007-08 approved budget for the County Fair Fund and the Capital Projects Fund.
1. Gardiner Chapell, Director of the Douglas County Museums, will do a presentation of the Lighthouse Museum in Winchester Bay, and the new U.S. Postage Stamp which reflects that lighthouse.
1. Contract with Pacific Power and Light to install electrical lines at non-profit campus for FISH, Senior Center, Umpqua Community Health and Davidís House on NE Stephens.
2. Agreement for reimbursement of costs for Road Construction with Kurt Hamilton and Ray Adams.
3. Modification #2 for collection agreement with Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest and Umpqua National Forest.
4. Contract with Cradar Enterprises, Inc., in the amount of $33,012.50 for Access Road Construction for Alay / Dawson / Nichols Stewart a sub-project of Pruner Road Bridge Replacement.
1. Contracts for Deputy Patrol with the following timber companies on their lands.
Moore Mill $ 770
Seneca Jones Timber Company $15,449
Silver Butte Timber Company $ 2,824
Rosboro Lumber Company $ 1,439
Giustina Land and Timber $ 747
Giustina Resources $ 696
Plum Creek Timberlands LP $ 3,403
Lone Rock Timber Company $ 7,697
Swanson Group $ 3,012
Roseburg Forest Products $43,707
Rocking C Ranch $ 1,027
The Campbell Group $ 1,626
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on June 27, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon. NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO BOARD MEETINGS ON JULY 4TH, WHICH IS A HOLIDAY AND THE COURTHOUSE WILL BE CLOSED.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting