THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
06/18/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on June 11, 2008.
1. PUBLIC WORKS: Overlay of NE Stephens Road No. 388, M.P. 12.29 to 12.63, Douglas County, Oregon.
HEARINGS: Planning, ORS 198.855(3)
1. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2. Chief Petitioner: Miller. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the only hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
2. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2. Chief Petitioner: Harvey. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the only hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
3. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2. Chief Petitioner: Merritt. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the only hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS 911
1. Agreement for communications services for MedCom Ambulance Authority in the amount of $59,930.14, which will be paid to the county at the rate of $14,982.53 quarterly. This is a five year agreement, effective July 1, 2008, with annual increases of 2% to 5%.
1. Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with North Douglas Fire and EMS allowing them to obtain fuel for their vehicles from County fuel facilities. This will generally result in expenses with offsetting revenues.
2. Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with Douglas Education Service District allowing them to obtain fuel for their vehicles from County fuel facilities. This will generally result in expenses with offsetting revenues.
3. Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Drain allowing them to obtain fuel for their vehicles from County fuel facilities. This will generally result in expenses with offsetting revenues.
4. Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Roseburg for vehicle maintenance and repair services to be performed by Douglas County Fleet Services.
1. Lease with the City of Winston for Senior Center space in the amount of $428 per month for new term of June 30, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
2. Lease with Special People’s Depot of Glendale for Senior Center space in the amount of $425 per month for new term of June 30, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Board Order adjusting appropriations for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2008, in the General Fund, the Dog Control Fund, the County Fair Board Fund and the Fleet Management Fund.
1. Agreement accepting Coastal Grant CZM-09-013 in the amount of $10,000 (with full matching required) to partially reimburse coastal related planning activities.
1. Lease with Susie L. Harms and John D. Brown III for 292 acres of the Milltown Hill Property in the amount of $2.00 per month.
2. Extension and modification of contract with Pickets Engineering LLC for regulatory assistance and compliance - by assignment - at Roseburg and Reedsport landfills.
3. First extension of contract with C. F. Malm LLC for engineering and consulting services – by assignment – for Galesville Dam.
4. Second extension of extended Warranty Agreement No. 22578 with C. F. Malm LLC for SCADA system at Galesville Dam.
5. Extension of contract with Ennis Paint, Inc. for the purchase of road striping paint in the amount of: Waterborne Traffic Paint – white, $7.91/gallon; Waterborne Traffic Paint – yellow, $8.23/gallon; Cross Linking Acrylic Traffic Paint – white, $8.89/gallon; Cross Linking Acrylic Traffic Paint – yellow, $8.27/gallon.
6. Amended order establishing a “No Parking” restriction on Little River Road, County Road No. 17, between M.P. 11.82 to M.P. 12.50.
7. Contract with Biomass One for the sale of recycled material from the Douglas County Landfill. Biomass One agrees to pay County $4.00 per green ton.
8. Extension of contract with Roseburg Refrigeration in the amount of $42.80 per employee hour for removal of chlorofluorocarbons from refrigerated units at the Roseburg and Reedsport Transfer Sites.
9. Extension and modification of contract with Waste Recovery West, Inc. in the amount of $800 per trailer load or $0.08 per pound for removal of waste tires from the Douglas County Landfill. Modification to add fuel surcharge of $90 per trailer load.
10. Order accepting Quitclaim Deed from the City of Sutherlin.
1. Contract with Companion Animal Clinic for spay and neutering licensing. Costs vary.
2. Contract with Sutherlin Veterinary Hospital for spay and neutering licensing. Costs vary.
3. Contract with Rex Morningstar for Sheriff’s Office in Glendale in the amount of $365 per year.
1. Grant Agreement to UCC from Industrial Development Board Fund for development of Viticulture / Enology Program at UCC. The grant is for $200,000 to be paid over two years.
2. Agreement to commence construction before the close of escrow due to business constraints. Douglas County is in the process of selling a parcel of land in the Sutherlin Industrial Park to Arlenda Properties, LLC. There has been a delay in closing due to title issues that are in the process of being resolved. This agreement sets forth the terms under which the county will allow their request.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT OF THE BUSINESS MEETING OF THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS AND CONVENING AS THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE DOUGLAS COUNTY 4-H, MASTER GARDENER, AND EXTENSION SERVICE DISTRICT.
1. Resolution imposing and categorizing taxes for the 2008-09 fiscal year for operating revenues for the Douglas County 4-H Master Gardener and Extension Service District. This action will provide authority for the District to collect tax revenues at its permanent rate limit of 6.5¢ per thousand of assessed value during the 2008-09 fiscal year to support the District’s operations.
2. Resolution for appointment of Douglas County OSU Extension Office Staff Chair to serve as budget officer and administrative officer for the Douglas County 4-H, Master Gardener and Extension Service District.
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING The next scheduled Board meeting will be held June 18, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting