THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
5/30/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for May 23, 2007
1. HEALTH: Bid Opening #942 for copy machine purchase and lease.
Mary Newman, Veterans Services’ Director, will present medals to Veterans who have not yet
received the medals to which they were entitled.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Agreement for the placement of an Umpqua Transit bus shelter on McDonald’s property at 2535 NW Stewart Parkway.
2. Contract with Options of Southern Oregon, Inc. to provide Mental Health services to children who are at high risk of developing emotional / behavioral problems due to addiction and mental disorders of their parents. County to receive $66,240 from Josephine County.
3. Intergovernmental Agreement No. 121009 with the Department of Human Services for funding of public health services for 2007-2008.
4. Intergovernmental Agreement No. 119930 with the Department of Human Services for funding community mental health, developmental disability and addiction services for 2007-2008.
5. Order awarding contract to Bateman Senior Meals for the Elderly Nutrition Program. Not to exceed $409,143.
1. Bargain and Sale Deed to Morningstar Ventures, LLC for a parcel located in Glide. Parcel was acquired through property tax foreclosure in February and was sold at oral auction on May 24th. Purchase price of $25,150 has been paid in full.
2. Lease with Canyonville, LLC for office space for the Canyonville Justice Court. Term of lease is June 1, 2007, through May 31, 2010. Rent is $969.23 per month for the first year, $988.61 per month for the second year, and $1,008.39 per month for the third year.
3. Timber Sale Contract with C2S Timber, LLC for Douglas County’s Clear Lake Timber Sale #273. This timber was sold at oral auction on April 26, 2007. Estimated volume is 1.4 million board feet and estimated value is $377,400.
1. Contract with Neatline Construction in the amount of $130,567 for construction of Phase 1 on the Chief Miwaleta Campground Project.
1. Coastal Grant Agreement No. CZM-08-013 in the amount of $10,000 to partially reimburse coastal related planning activities.
2. L & H Lumber Company, Board Order to decline review in the matter of appeal of the Planning Commission decision approving a request for a three-phase, 133-lot planned development on 30 acres on Glenda Avenue in the Roseburg urban growth boundary. Planning Department File No. 06-283.
3. Resolution adopting an updated land use fee schedule. This revision will generally cover 30-50% of application processing costs. Focus of this revised fee schedule is to enhance revenue consistent with the 2007-08 approved budget and revenue projection.
1. Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Drain for sewer lines. Drain will pay County $35,250
2. Contract with Jack Mathis Construction, LLC for crane service. Contract not to exceed $50,000.
3. Contract with Forslund Crane Service, Inc. for crane service. Contract not to exceed $50,000.
4. Consultant services assignment with Universal Field Services, Inc., to coordinate appraisal of a seven acre parcel at the Oak Creek Industrial Park.
1. Order appointing Madeleine Smelcer as a member to the Springbrook Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2007.
2. Order reappointing Mike Fieldman, George Middlekauff, M.D., and Lori Farmer as members to the Douglas County Mental Health Advisory Committee. Terms to expire January 31, 2009.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on June 6, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting