THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
05/21/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on May 14, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. First Hearing for the Order Approving Boundary and Setting Final Hearing for formation of the Lower Umpqua Rural Fire District by Chief Petitioners: Naapi, Hinshaw, Swafford. ORS 198.755(1)(a). There are no known objectors to the proposed district. The hearing date can be set for June 18, 2008.
2. Hearing for Annexation of Property and Order Incorporating Territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2 by Chief Petitioner: E. Williams. ORS 198.855(3). There are no objectors at this time. No other hearings are necessary.
3. Hearing for the Annexation of Property and Order Incorporating Territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2 by Chief Petitioner: L. Williams. ORS 198.855(3). There are no known objectors at this time. No other hearings are necessary.
1. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $578.07 to Jack Arland and Barbara McGrew.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Contract with Harry Mullins (dba Organizational Excellence Consulting) in the amount of $45,000 for project management services in connection with the Douglas County Homeless Youth Drop-In. Funding for Mr. Mullins to provide project management services was part of the grant award from the Oregon Commission on Children & Families.
2. Contract with Phoenix School of Roseburg in the amount of $77,736 for services in connection with the Douglas County Homeless Youth Drop-In. Funding for Phoenix School to provide and coordinate services was part of the grant award from the Oregon Commission on Children & Families.
1. Approval of the allocation of Special Transportation funds to providers for the 2nd year of the biennium 2008-2009, in the amount of $174,124.
2. Lease with City of Reedsport for Senior Center space for new term June 30, 2008 to June 30, 2009, in the amount of $283 per month.
1. Timber Sale Contract with Wildcat Land and Timber, Inc. for Douglas County’s Lookingglass Timber Sale #278. This sale was sold at oral auction on April 24, 2008. Estimated volume is 443,000 board feet and the estimated value is $125,140. Contract expiration date is September 1, 2009.
2. Timber Sale Contract with Scott Timber Co. for Douglas County’s South Winchester Timber Sale #276. This sale was sold at oral auction on April 24, 2008. Estimated volume is 1.45 million board feet and the estimated value is $396,100. Contract expiration date is October 31, 2009.
1. Renewal of Public Recreation Facility License from the Division of State Lands for 15 years to manage and maintain the Gardiner Boat Launch facility in the amount of $250.
1. Order accepting completion of contract with LTM, Inc. in the amount of $452,750 for crushing, hauling and stockpiling mineral aggregates for Central District.
2. First Amendment of Contract No. 23631 with I.E. Engineering, Inc. for engineering services for Fairhill Drive Pump Station and Waterline Installation in the amount of $2,000.
3. Lease with Tanner Langdon for 273 acres of the Milltown Hill property.
4. Order accepting completion of contract with LTM, Inc. in the amount of $63,014.13 for construction of Fish Parking Lot at Jerry Bruce Community Campus.
5. Contract extension with Forslund Crane Service, Inc. for crane service – not to exceed $50,000.
6. Contract extension with Jack Mathis Construction, LLC, for crane service – not to exceed $50,000.
7. Extension and modification of contract with Umpqua Research for Reedsport and Roseburg Landfill laboratory testing in the amount of $33,145.40.
1. Intergovernmental Agreement with City of Reedsport for the Western Douglas County Operations Center. This center is to be used as a Coastal Emergency Coordination Center.
2. Authority for Parkway Animal Hospital to sell dog licenses and continuation of spay and neutering program.
1. Notice of Intent and Preliminary Application Document for the Douglas County Wave and Energy Project, FERC Project No. 12743.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held May
28, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO BOARD OF COMMISSIONER MEETINGS ON WEDNESDAY,JUNE 4, 2008, AS ALL COMMISSIONERS WILL BE ATTENDING THE AOC MID-YEAR CONFERENCE IN BEND.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting