THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
5/9/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for May 2, 2007
Construction of a 700 L.F. of 8” waterline and pump station for domestic and fire flow for residents on Fairhill Drive.
Overlay of Manning Road Milepost 0.00 to 0.49 Douglas County Road No. 168, Douglas County, OR.
The Board of Commissioners are proclaiming May as Foster Care Month in Douglas County and urge all citizens to change a lifetime by sharing their hearts, opening their homes, and offering help to children in foster care, foster parents and the child welfare professional staff working with them during this month and throughout the year.
The Board of Commissioners are proclaiming May 6-12, 2007 to be National Nurses Week in Douglas County and encourage all citizens to join in this observance.
1. Order refunding taxes to Valynn Currie, Trustee of the Highstream Family Trust in the amount of $769.67
2. Order refunding taxes to Brandon W. and Janice M. Shepard in the amount of $842.04.
1. Second extension and modification of Contract #21001 with Tree Magic for tree services as needed, extending the contract to June 30, 2008 and increasing the contract from $25,000 to $50,000.
1. Site Lease Agreement with Douglas Forest Protective Association.
1. Timber Sale Contract with Harvey’s Selective Logging, Inc. for Douglas County’s Lower Joyce Creek Timber Sale #271. This timber was sold at oral auction on 4/26/07. Estimated volume is 266,000 board feet with an estimated value of $80,200.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Supplemental Budget Adjustments as described in the memo to BOC, dated April 24, 2007.
1. Contract with Ken Hale Trucking in the amount of $7,150 for the sale of timber at the Chief Miwaleta Campground project.
1. Hearing for the Order Approving the Formation of the Darley Drive Special Road District by Chief Petitioners: Ware, West and Bell. This is scheduled as the final hearing, no other hearings are necessary.
1. Contract with Roseburg Urban Sanitary Authority for leachate delivered from Roseburg Landfill. This extends existing contract to June 30, 2008, and increases the cost from $.0475 per gallon to $.05 per gallon.
1. Modification to existing agreement with BLM for patrol of BLM lands. This modification only changes the funding codes from which BLM pays Douglas County.
1. Appointment of Colleen Hamilton as a member to the Sable Drive Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2008.
2. Appointment of LesaBeth Titus and Dr. Peter Growing as members to the Emergency Medical Services Advisory Committee. Terms to expire November 30, 2008.
3. Appointment of Mary Heilner (Business and Industry) as a member to the Douglas County Regional Workforce Investment Board. Term to expire July 31, 2009.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on May 16, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting