THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
05/07/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on April 30, 2008.
1. Commissioner Laurance will read a proclamation declaring May 6 through 12, 2008, as National Nurses’ Week. Natalie Jones, Community Health Nursing Manager, will accept the Commissioners Proclamation.
2. Commissioner Kittelman will read a proclamation declaring May as Home Schoolers’ Month. David LaLande will accept the Commissioners Proclamation.
3. Commissioner Robertson will read a proclamation declaring May as Historic Preservation Month in Douglas County. Isaac Barner, a member of the Historic Resource Review Committee will accept the Commissioners Proclamation.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. SHERIFF: Second Hearing – Ordinance 08-04-01. ATV diversion program for ATV safety violations that occur on or near the sand in or near Winchester Bay that are filed in Reedsport Justice Court. Revenue from the ATV Diversion Program may be used to defray the costs of the program, Program administration, and other related expenses including but not limited to dunes rescue response equipment, deputy patrol of the dunes and maintenance and upkeep of the dunes rescue building. If this hearing is approved, the effective date will be August 6, 2008.
COMMISSIONER ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Grant application with the Oregon State Commission on Children and Families in the amount of $70,446 in support of a community schools grant for the Riddle School District. These are pass through funds.
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS 911
1. Agreement for communications services for Douglas County Fire District #2 in the amount of $26,960.29. This is a five year agreement with annual increases of 2% to 5%.
2. Agreement for communications services for Sutherlin Police Department in the amount of $109,296.72. This is a five year agreement with annual increases of 2% to 5%.
3. Agreement for communications services for Oakland Police Department in the amount of $9,752.59. This is a five year agreement with annual increases of 2% to 5%.
1. Request for approval to submit application to National Health Service Corps (NHSC) to be considered as an eligible NHSC service site.
1. Extension of Contract #21157 with BestTel LLC, Inc. for services in the amount of $151,725.94 that cover telephone upgrades for Health and Fleet Departments and merges State Courts and the Courthouse.
1. Order restricting the weight of vehicles crossing Lookingglass Creek Bridge No. 2, No. 19C198.
2. Change Order No. 6 with Holm II, Inc. in the amount of $10,905.12 for replacement of Riddle Bridge at Cow Creek.
3. Order accepting easement from A. Carl Myers and Wilma J. Myers for connection to the Glide-Idleyld Park sewer system.
1. Contract with the City of Drain in the amount of $138,600 which is paid to the county for police services.
1. Discussion pertaining to appointment of members to the Senior Services Advisory Council.
2. Relief for salmon fishermen.
3. Listing Industrial Properties with Douglas County realtors.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held May 14, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO BOARD OF COMMISSIONER MEETINGS ON WEDNESDAY,JUNE 4, 2008, AS ALL COMMISSIONERS WILL BE ATTENDING THE AOC MID-YEAR CONFERENCE IN BEND.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting