THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
5/2/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for April 25, 2007
Bid opening for UCAN Martha Young Service Center
Bid opening for Senior Nutrition Program for 2007-2008
The Board of Commissioners are proclaiming May 5, 2007, as Special Olympics Day in Douglas County and call upon citizens and organizations throughout Douglas County to recognize and honor the contributions of Special Olympics athletes and volunteers, and extend an invitation to those citizens to support Special Olympics in any way they can to allow athletes to continue to grow as productive members of society and represent Douglas county with courage, dignity and sportsmanship.
1. Order refunding taxes to Absolute Audio – Video in the amount of $300.01
2. Order refunding taxes to Fantasy Light & Sound, c/o Rod Muzzy, in the amount of $1,033.85
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Board Order adjusting appropriation in General Fund, Dog control fund and Employee Benefit Trust Fund. Transfer of $62,000 from General Fund to Dog Control Fund. ($58,000 in Dog Control Operations and $4,000 in Predatory Animal Control.) Transfer of $68,000 from Materials and Services to Personal Services.
1. Land Owner Agreement with U.S. Forest and Wildlife Service allowing the USF&WS and other cooperators to accomplish specific restoration activities for the benefit of fish and wildlife resources on the Mildred Kanipe Memorial Ranch.
1. Order authorizing purchase of pre-cast concrete arch culverts for Project #10826 from Hansen Pipe and Product in the amount of $182,300.
2. Personal Services Contract with OBEC consulting Engineers for monthly bridge inspections and technical advice for Brown’s Bridge No. 19C484.
3. Contract with LTM, Inc. in the amount of $158,464 for Myrtle Creek Transfer Site Retaining Wall, Douglas County, OR.
4. Order authorizing maintenance of local access roads – Winchester Creek Avenue No. 901-A (formerly Strauss Avenue); Jack’s Court No. 901-L.
5. Lease extension and modification with Oregon Department of Transportation for office space located at 433 Rifle Range Road.
1. Lease for office space for Rex Morningstar in the Glendale Sheriff’s Office. Cost is $365 per year.
2. Extension of contract for James Olson, M.D., State Medical Examiner, to provide medical services to Sheriff’s Office as a board certified pathologist to act as the county Medical Examiner in accordance with provisions of ORS. $3,000
3. Extension for School Resource Deputy at Camas Valley School with $11,361.19 paid to Douglas County.
4. Extension for School Resource Deputy at Glide High School with $11,361.19 paid to Douglas County.
1. Order appointing Charley Thompson as a member from Douglas County to the CCD Business Development Corporation Board. Term to expire May 31, 2008.
2. Order reappointing Deb Stoll-Underwood and Suzanne Schultz as members to the Douglas County Library Board. Terms to expire June 30, 2011
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on May 9, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting